|"Devourer of Gods Retiering"|
|Release date||November 29, 2016|
|← Previous||Next →|
|Version history • All patches|
The 220.127.116.11 update moved The Devourer of Gods from Hardmode boss to post-Moon Lord, along with making several other changes to account for the retiering. The update also resprited Calamitas and most of her related items.
- Chaotic Ore now generates after defeating Calamitas instead of The Devourer of Gods.
- Calamitas' Hellfireballs now speed up over time, and her lasers now split.
- The Devourer of Gods changes:
- Buffed health from 250,000 / 375,000 to 500,000 / 750,000.
- Buffed body's contact damage from 90 / 153 to 120 / 156.
- Nerfed tail's damage from 93 to 71.
- Buffed frost beam damage from 30 / 60 to 80 / 160, its Nebula Laser damage from 58 / 64 to 160 / 180, its lightning damage from 120 / 136 to 300 / 320, its Nebula Piercer damage from 60 / 72 to 180 / 200, and its alien goop damage from 70 / 84 to 100 / 120.
- Nerfed Stasis Probe's health from 700 to 500.
- Nerfed Devourer Spawn's health from 4500 / 6750 to 2000 / 2400.
- Decreased speed.
- Decreased segment count from 152 to 122.
- Now drops Super Healing Potions instead of Greater Healing Potions.
- Can no longer naturally spawn.
- Reduced Devourer Spawn's segment count from 12 to 7.
- Stasis Probes are no longer guaranteed to inflict Frozen on contact in Normal Mode.
- Perennial Ore now generates after defeating The Slime God instead of Calamitas.
- Armored Shell, Cosmic Worm, Deathhail Staff, Deathwind, Eradicator, Excelsus, The Obliterator, and Staff of the Mechworm now use the rarity instead of .
- Cosmic Worm now requires 6 Ectoplasm, 5 Luminite Bars, 3 Souls of Light, 3 Souls of Might, and 3 Souls of Night instead of 1 Mechanical Worm, 5 Ashes of Calamity, 3 Ectoplasm, 5 Hallowed Bars, and 7 Iron or Lead Bars.
- Cosmic Worm can now be used at any time of day instead of just at night.
- Buffed most of The Devourer of Gods' weapons:
- Deathhail Staff changes:
- Buffed damage from 52 to 162, its use time from 6 to 5, its use animation from 14 to 11, but increased its mana cost from 7 to 9.
- Now shoots 3 lasers per use instead of 2, and increased the spread of its lasers.
- Buffed Deathwind's damage from 65 to 145, its use time from 17 to 13, its knockback from 4 to 5, and its shot speed from 16 to 20.
- Buffed Eradicator's damage from 65 to 170, nerfed its use time from 14 to 18, and nerfed its shot speed from 20 to 12.
- Buffed Staff of the Mechworm's damage from 36 to 55.
- Deathhail Staff changes:
- Renamed most Calamitas-related items:
- Renamed Calamity Dust to Ashes of Calamity.
- Renamed Calamitas' Inferno to Lashes of Chaos.
- Renamed Blighted Eye Staff to Entropy's Vigil.
- Renamed Blighted Eyeball to Eye of Desolation.
- Renamed Brimstone Flamesprayer to Havoc's Breath.
- Renamed The Eye of Calamitas to Oblivion.
- Renamed Calamity Ring to Void of Calamity.
- Nebulous Core changes:
- Buffed magic damage boost from 10% to 10%, its mana cost reduction from 10% to 15%, and its magic critical strike chance boost from 10% to 15%.
- Buffed star damage from 90 to 220, and their knockback from 2 to 3.
- Void of Calamity now boosts damage by 15% and reduces damage reduction by 30% instead of altering both stats by 50%.
- Resprited Calamitas, Cataclysm, Catastrophe, and The Devourer of Gods.
- Resprited Abomination and Eye of Desolation.
- Resprited Treasure Bag (Calamitas), and Treasure Bag (Jungle Dragon, Yharon).
- Resprited Ashes of Calamity, Blighted Lens, Core of Calamity, Core of Chaos, Core of Cinder, and Core of Eleum.
- Resprited Crushsaw Crasher, Elemental Disk, Entropy's Vigil, Havoc's Breath, Lashes of Chaos, and Oblivion.
- Resprited Void of Calamity.
- Resprited Calamitas, Cataclysm, Catastrophe, Cryogen, Desert Scourge, The Devourer of Gods, Jungle Dragon, Yharon, The Perforators, and The Plaguebringer Goliath's map icons.