|"Boss Changes and Balancing"|
|Release date||September 29, 2017|
|← Previous||Next →|
|Version history • All patches|
The 1.2.1.004 update featured many balance changes and other adjustments to both bosses and items, including a rework of the Astrum Deus fight, significant changes to The Devourer of Gods's fight, and further expansion of the Supreme Calamitas fight.
- Added The Devourer of Thots.
- Astrum Deus changes:
- Overhauled the battle; no longer one long worm, instead the battle takes place against a swarm of nine smaller worms.
- Worm segment length reduced from 52 to 8. Nerfed health of each worm from 150,000 / 240,000 / 264,000 to 18,500 / 29,600 / 32,000.
- Nerfed head damage from 120 / 300 to 100 / 160, and body damage from 95 / 152 to 85 / 136.
- Nerfed Astrum Deus' mine duration from 50 seconds to 20.
- A total of 5 Astrum Deus Probes can be active at a time instead of 6.
- Body segments now take 66% damage and kill piercing when below 33% health instead of 50%.
- The main Bumblebirb can now only spawn up to 4 / 8 clones instead of 10 / 30.
- Bumblebirb clones can now only spawn up to 3 / 5 clones instead of 5 / 30.
- Cryogen changes:
- Nerfed health from 14,000 / 22,400 / 25,600 to 12,500 / 20,000 / 22,400.
- Buffed base Ice Bomb damage from 40 / 80 / 92 to 44 / 88 / 100.
- Buffed base Ice Blast damage from 44 / 72 to 52 / 80.
- Buffed base Ice Rain damage from 60 / 120 to 64 / 128.
- Decreased speed.
- Nerfed Desert Scourge's Revengeance Mode health from 8320 to 7200.
- The Devourer of Gods changes:
- In Revengeance Mode, now summons The Devourer of Thots at 25% health instead of a second Devourer of Gods at 20% health. The player no longer needs to kill the newly-spawned Devourer first in order to progress through the battle. Horizontal lasers only spawn if no Devourers of Thots are active.
- Now fires beam portals from its tail at all times, instead of alternating between its head or tail depending on phase.
- Buffed health from 610,000 / 976,000 / 1,000,000 to 1,400,000 / 2,240,000 / 2,400,000.
- Nerfed head damage in Expert Mode from 1400 to 875.
- All body projectiles now deal 280 / 360 damage instead of having individual damage values, and decreased their speeds.
- Body segments no longer take 0 damage from all sources. Instead, they take 15% of the damage.
- Body segments no longer kill projectile piercing.
- No longer shrinks to 62 segments in Revengeance Mode, remaining at 102 segments long in all modes.
- Can now spawn up to 8 Stasis Probes instead of 3.
- Body segments now take 0 damage from any hit that would deal over 50% of its health.
- Body segments fire projectiles less often.
- The Devourer of Gods' gravity bomb projectiles now inflict Distorted for 2 seconds instead of 5, produce dust on death, and have set custom transparency rather than dynamic time-based transparency.
- The Devourer of Gods' nebula orb projectiles now last for 15 seconds instead of 30, and have set custom transparency rather than dynamic time-based transparency.
- Head and tail segments now use NPCHit4 as their hit sound instead of NPCHit13.
- Body and tail segments now inflict God Slayer Inferno for 1 second and 0.833 seconds respectively, instead of 2.5.
- Buffed Duke Fishron's Revengeance Mode health multiplier.
- Nerfed the Main Profaned Guardian's overall velocity.
- Nerfed Providence, the Profaned God's health from 235,000 / 376,000 / 400,000 to 215,000 / 344,000 / 368,000
- Nerfed the Offense Profaned Guardian's overall velocity.
- Nerfed Polterghast's health from 310,000 / 496,000 / 512,000 to 260,000 / 416,000 / 448,000.
- Nerfed armored Stasis Probe's health from 12,000 / 16,800 to 6000 / 8400, and its laser damage from 288 to 240.
- Nerfed naked Stasis Probe's health from 15,000 / 21,000 to 7500 / 10,500, and its laser damage from 288 to 240.
- Nerfed both Stasis Probes' laser velocities by half.
- Nerfed Signus, Envoy of the Devourer's max health from 250,000 / 400,000 / 440,000 to 230,000 / 368,000 / 400,000.
- Supreme Calamitas changes:
- Adjustments to boss sky shaders.
- The Cosmic Worm is no longer consumable, now stacks to 1 instead of 20, and the Cyborg no longer sells it after The Devourer of Gods has been defeated.
- The Dragon Egg is no longer consumable, its recipe now requires 10 Bars of Life, 10 Cosmilite Bars, and 15 Effulgent Feathers instead of 3 of each bar and 5 feathers, it now stacks to 1 instead of 20, and the Witch Doctor no longer sells it after Yharon has been defeated.
- The Eye of Extinction is no longer consumable, its recipe now requires 150 Cosmilite Bars, 300 Darksun Fragments, 3000 Endothermic Energies, 3000 Nightmare Fuel, and 150 Phantoplasm, instead of 5 Cosmilite Bars, 1 Darksun Fragment, 3 Endothermic Energies, 3 Nightmare Fuel, and 5 Phantoplasm, and it now stacks to 1 instead of 20.
- Before Golem has been defeated, the damages of all Duke Fishron weapon drop projectiles (excluding Briny Baron's) is halved.
- Buffed the damage of all vanilla flails by 2x.
- Buffed Chain Guillotines' damage by 1.2x instead.
- Nerfed Daedalus Stormbow more, from -25% damage to -40% damage.
- Mortar Rounds now require a Ueliace Bar to craft instead of a Luminite Bar.
- Rubber Mortar Rounds now require 5 Pink Gel to craft instead of 1 Unholy Essence.
- Water orbs fired by Abyss Blade and Neptune's Bounty produce less dust.
- The Dance of Light's projectiles home in on enemies faster.
- Lacerator's damage aura now deals 66% of the weapon's damage instead of 33%.
- Vivid Clarity's damage scaling per tile bounce or enemy pierced was nerfed from 2.5x and 1.1x damage to 1.1x and 1.05x damage respectively.
- Vanquisher Arrows no longer produce dust during flight, and produce less dust on death.
- The following projectiles were given 1 extra update, effectively doubling their speed:
- Buffed Alluvion's damage from 55 to 62.
- Nerfed Animus' damage from 1000 to 850. Nerfed random damage values from 1500, 2000, 4000, 8000, 18,000, and 1000 to 1000, 1250, 3500, 7000, 15,000, and 850 respectively.
- Nerfed Ark of the Cosmos' damage from 250 to 210.
- Nerfed Ark of the Elements' damage from 125 to 110.
- Buffed Arterial Assault's damage from 170 to 190.
- Nerfed Astral Blaster's damage from 90 to 80.
- Nerfed Astral Repeater's damage from 80 to 72.
- Buffed Astreal Defeat's damage from 93 to 103.
- Nerfed Azathoth's damage from 80 to 60.
- Buffed Banshee Hook's damage from 105 to 130.
- Nerfed Bladedge Greatbow's damage from 31 to 26.
- Buffed Blissful Bombardier's damage from 60 to 78.
- Buffed The Burning Sky's damage from 90 to 150.
- Nerfed Chicken Cannon's damage from 30 to 20.
- Buffed Claret Cannon's damage from 219 to 260.
- Buffed Clockwork Bow's damage from 120 to 130.
- Nerfed Contagion's damage from 270 to 200.
- Buffed Cosmic Discharge's damage from 150 to 320.
- Buffed Daemon's Flame's damage from 90 to 130.
- Buffed Deathwind's damage from 165 to 180, but it now only fires 4-5 projectiles per use instead of 4-7.
- Buffed Devastation's damage from 91 to 108.
- Buffed Devil's Devastation's damage from 270 to 320.
- Nerfed Draconic Destruction's damage from 115 to 100.
- Buffed Dragon's Breath's damage from 135 to 190.
- Nerfed Earth's projectiles' damages from the weapon's full damage to 50% of the weapon's damage.
- Buffed Elemental Blaster's damage from 85 to 95, but nerfed projectile speed from 24 to 18.
- Buffed Elemental Disk's damage from 140 to 150.
- Nerfed Elemental Eruption's damage from 35 to 28.
- Nerfed Elemental Lance's damage from 135 to 110.
- Nerfed Elysian Arrow's damage from 23 to 20.
- Buffed The Enforcer's damage from 550 to 725.
- Nerfed Eradicator's damage from 230 to 200.
- Buffed Excelsus' damage from 135 to 145.
- Nerfed Exoblade's damage from 800 to 720.
- Nerfed Gilded Proboscis' damage from 240 to 228.
- Buffed Golden Eagle's damage from 108 to 120.
- Buffed Grax's damage from 350 to 500.
- Nerfed Gun's damage from 200 to 175.
- Nerfed Helstorm's damage from 34 to 27.
- Nerfed Holy Collider's damage from 200 to 160.
- Nerfed Illustrious Knives' damage from 360 to 310.
- Buffed Lacerator's damage from 500 to 550.
- Buffed Lifefruit Scythe's damage from 88 to 100.
- Nerfed Lunarian Bow's damage from 20 to 18.
- Nerfed Megafleet's damage from 230 to 200.
- Buffed Minigun's damage from 250 to 280.
- Nerfed Mirror Blade's damage from 280 to 240.
- Buffed Mourningstar's damage from 220 to 290.
- Buffed Neptune's Bounty's damage from 270 to 285.
- Nerfed Nettlevine Greatbow's damage from 135 to 110.
- Nerfed The Obliterator's damage from 70 to 62.
- Buffed Omega Biome Blade's damage from 150 to 220.
- Buffed Onyx Chain Blaster's damage from 55 to 60, but the onyx projectile now moves 10% slower.
- Buffed Phangasm's damage from 82 to 140.
- Buffed SDFMG's damage from 129 to 140.
- Buffed Shredder's damage from 18 to 24.
- Nerfed Solar Flare's damage from 110 to 95.
- Nerfed Starfleet's damage from 70 to 65.
- Buffed Stellar Striker's damage from 250 to 280.
- Buffed The Storm's damage from 55 to 75, and its projectiles now go through tiles.
- Buffed Storm Dragoon's damage from 125 to 135.
- Nerfed Subsuming Vortex's damage from 140 to 110.
- Buffed Telluric Glare's damage from 54 to 82.
- Nerfed Terror Blade's damage from 260 to 210.
- Nerfed Triactis' True Paladinian Mage-Hammer of Might's damage from 2500 to 2100.
- Nerfed True Tyrant's Ultisword's damage from 150 to 132.
- Nerfed Vanquisher Arrow's damage from 30 to 24.
- Nerfed Verdant's damage from 248 to 215.
- Buffed Vivid Clarity's damage from 80 to 120.
Accessories and Armor
- Nerfed Necklace of Vexation's damage boost under 50% health from 15% to 10%.
- Nerfed the base damage of the waifus summoned by Eye of the Storm, Rare Waifu in a Bottle, Rose Stone, and Waifu in a Bottle from 60 to 45.
- Nerfed Pearl of Enthrallment's pre-Moon Lord damage from 100 to 80, and post-Moon Lord damage from 500 to 200.
- Nerfed Heart of the Elements' damage and critical strike chance boosts from 10% to 5%. Nerfed pre-Moon Lord waifu damage from 100 to 60, and post-Moon Lord damage from 300 to 100.
- Starlight Wings now require 20 Souls of Flight to craft instead of 30.
- Nerfed Aureate Booster's flight time from 90 frames to 70. Now requires 20 Souls of Flight to craft instead of 30.
- Nerfed Discordian Wings' flight time from 150 frames to 125. Now requires 20 Souls of Flight to craft instead of 30.
- Nerfed Xeroc Wings' flight time from 210 frames to 170. Now requires 20 Souls of Flight to craft instead of 30.
- Seraph Tracers now require 5 Luminite Bars instead of 5 Meldiate Bars. They also now use rarity instead of , and now have an internal rarity of .
- Various armor sets' life-based stat boosts were nerfed by varying amounts, ranging from a 50% reduction to an 80% one. Life-based boosts are now approximately exponential instead of linear. The following armors were changed:
- Adjusted the Irradiated debuff:
- Defense reduction nerfed from -10 / -20 defense to -5 / -10.
- DR reduction nerfed from -0.1% / -0.2% DR to -0.05% / -0.1%.
- No longer boosts melee speed (previously boosted by 5%).
- Nerfed the Grax Boost buff:
- Nerfed defense boost from 50 to 30.
- Nerfed melee speed boost from 10% to 5%.
- Nerfed melee damage boost from 15% to 10%.
- Nerfed melee critical strike chance boost from 20% to 10%.
- Vulnerability Hex no longer deals damage over time.
- Fixed Providence, the Profaned God not despawning if the player dies.
- Removed Ungodly Serpent.