|Release date||April 1, 2020|
|Music Mod version|
|← Previous||Next →|
|Version history • All patches|
The 1.4.4.001 (or 184.108.40.206) update, also known as "Acid Rain", added the Acid Rain event and The Old Duke boss. It also added numerous weapons and other equipment especially for the Summoner class, changed the Sulphurous Sea world generation, among other balance and boss changes.
- 1 Additions
- 2 Changes
- 2.1 Bosses
- 2.2 Other NPCs
- 2.3 Renames
- 2.4 Armor and Accessories
- 2.5 Weapons
- 2.6 Recipes
- 2.7 Additional Changes
- 2.8 Resprites
- 3 Fixes
Armor and Accessories
- Added Brimflame armor, Fathom Swarmer armor, and Snow Ruffian armor.
- Added Corrosive Spine, Hallowed Rune, Mutated Truffle, Nuclear Rod, Nucleogenesis, Old Duke's Scales, Profaned Soul Crystal, Scuttler's Jewel, Silva Wings, Starbuster Core, Star-Tainted Generator.
- Sulphurous armor is now obtainable.
- Added Sulphurous Sandstone Wall.
- Added Anthozoan Crab Banner, Belching Coral Banner, Flak Crab Banner, Gamma Slime Banner, Nuclear Toad Banner, Orthocera Banner, Skyfin Banner, Sulfurous Skater Banner, Trilobite Banner, and Water Leech Banner.
- Added Steam Geysers and ambient objects to the Sulphurous Sea.
- Sulphurous Sandstone is now obtainable.
- Added The Old Duke.
- Added Cragmaw Mire and Nuclear Terror.
- Added Anthozoan Crab, Belching Coral, Flak Crab, Gamma Slime, Nuclear Toad, Orthocera, Skyfin, Sulphurous Skater, Trilobite, and Water Leech.
- Added Baby Flak Crab and Bloodworm.
- Added Acid Gun, Acidic Rain Barrel, Basher, Belching Saxophone, Belladonna Spirit Staff, Blood Boiler, Bonebreaker, Cadaverous Carrion, Caustic Croaker Staff, Cinder Blossom Staff, Cold Divinity, Contaminated Bile, Corvid Harbinger Staff, Cosmic Viper Engine, Dazzling Stabber Staff, Dormant Brimseeker, Dragonblood Disgorger, Endo Hydra Staff, Eternity, Fetid Emesis, Flak Toxicannon, Frost Blossom Staff, Fuel Cell Bundle, Haunted Scroll, Igneous Exaltation, Infected Remote, Miasma, Midnight Sun Beacon, Orthocera Shell, Pristine Fury, Saros Possession, Scab Ripper, Skyfin Bombers, Slithering Eels, Spent Fuel Container, Staff of Necrosteocytes, Stormjaw Staff, Sulphurous Grabber, Tactical Plague Engine, Temporal Umbrella, Toxibow, Toxicant Twister, Vile Feeder, and Vitriolic Viper.
- Added Draedon's Pulse Rifle, Gatling Laser, Heavy Laser Rifle, Plasma Caster, and Tesla Cannon as Unobtainable items.
- Insidious Impaler and Septic Skewer are now obtainable.
- Added the Acid Rain event.
- Added Stealth Meter.
- Added Caustic Tear.
- Added Acidwood, Corroded Fossil, and Sulphuric Scale.
- Added Enchanted Butterfly and Geyser Shell.
- Added Baby Flak Crab and Bloodworm critter items.
- Added Baby Blood Crawler, Baby Stormlion, Belladonna Spirit, Brimflame Frenzy, Brimseeker, Cinder Blossom, Cosmic Viper, Dazzling Stabber, Devotion, Endo Hydra, Flak Hermit, Frost Blossom, Haunted Dishes, Igneous Blade, Magic Hat, Mini Plaguebringer, Raven, Saros Possession, Skeletal Dragons, Small Skeleton, Sparks, Tactical Plague Engine, Vile Feeder, and Virili buffs.
- Added Brimflame Frenzy Cooldown, Freezing Weather, and Heat Exhaustion debuffs.
- Added glowmasks to several bosses.
- Debuff icons now appear on top of bosses or minibosses. This can be toggled via configuration options.
- Reduced Revengeance Mode scrap projectile lifespan.
- Flare bomb ring attack now spreads in all directions. Attack animation slightly changed.
- Now drops an additional 50 Luminite in every difficulty.
- Reduced The Siren's charge distance.
- Buffed phase 2's health from 600,000 / 960,000 to 900,000 / 1,440,000.
- Armored Digger now drops its items at the nearest segment.
- Astral Slimes now drop Stardust.
- The Bandit and Drunk Princess no longer require extra spawn conditions to be met to spawn after they've spawned once.
- Conference Call now drops from Storm Divers instead of Tactical Skeletons.
- Mauler now has a new roar.
- Radiators no longer drop Lead Core.
- Renamed Acid Rain debuff to Irradiated.
- Renamed Ataxia Armor to Hydrothermic Armor.
- Renamed Ataxia Headgear to Hydrothermic Headgear.
- Renamed Ataxia Helm to Hydrothermic Helm.
- Renamed Ataxia Helmet to Hydrothermic Helmet.
- Renamed Ataxia Hood to Hydrothermic Hood.
- Renamed Ataxia Mask to Hydrothermic Mask.
- Renamed Ataxia Subligar to Hydrothermic Subligar.
- Renamed Bar of Life to Life Alloy.
- Renamed Chaotic Ore to Scoria Ore.
- Renamed Chaotic Bar to Scoria Bar.
- Renamed Chaotic Spread Rod to Rift Reeler.
- Renamed Chaotrix to Fault Line.
- Renamed Chaos Flames to Hydrothermic Vent.
- Renamed Chaoswarped Slashaxe to Tectonic Truncator.
- Renamed Discordian Wings to Hadal Mantle.
- Renamed Exsanguination Lance to Vulcanite Lance.
- Renamed Flamebeak Hampick to Seismic Hampick.
- Renamed Flame Scythe to Subduction Slicer.
- Renamed Greatbow of Turmoil to Continental Greatbow.
- Renamed Statis' Belt of Curses to Statis' Void Sash.
Armor and Accessories
- Buffed Festive Wings, now rains down homing ornaments during the player's flight.
- Buffed Gladiator's Locket, damage now scales from 20 to 50 in Hardmode, 100 after Plantera has been defeated, 200 after Moon Lord, and 300 after The Devourer of Gods.
- Buffed Soul of Cryogen's flight time from 100 to 120. Now rains icicles during the player's flight.
- Nerfed Statis' Blessing, now only provides 2 minion slots instead of 3.
- Removed Statis' Ninja Belt's 5% rogue damage, crit chance, and projectile velocity bonuses.
- Reworked Statis' Void Sash, increased the dash length and added trailing homing scythes that release when dashing. Removed all rogue and summoner bonuses.
- Buffed Classy Cane's damage from 16 to 64, and granted it auto-swing.
- Buffed Draconic Destruction's damage from 210 to 350.
- Buffed Pearlwood Sword's damage from 11 to 44, and granted it auto-swing.
- Buffed Red Sun's damage from 2000 to 2500.
- Granted Stylish Scissors auto-swing.
- Buffed True Excalibur's damage from 66 to 87.
- Nerfed Blossom Flux, now grants more local immunity frames from its spore bomb attack.
- Buffed Conclave Crossfire's damage from 30 to 35.
- Buffed Conference Call's damage from 30 to 35.
- Buffed Continental Greatbow, now converts Wooden Arrows into Flaming Arrows.
- Buffed Pearlwood Bow's damage from 9 to 18, nerfed use time from 27 to 35, and granted it auto-fire. Now fires three additional rainbows.
- Buffed Soma Prime's damage from 600 to 1000.
- Nerfed Stellar Cannon's damage from 250 to 175, and its use time from 30 to 40.
- Buffed Svantechnical's damage from 625 to 720.
- Buffed Tactical Shotgun's damage from 29 to 34.
- Nerfed Triploon's damage from 90 to 80.
- Buffed Apotheosis' damage from 366 to 420, and its use time from 20 to 18.
- Buffed The Dance of Light's damage from 500 to 700, and its use time from 14 to 10.
- Nerfed Frost Bolt's damage from 12 to 10, and its use time from 15 to 18.
- Buffed Staff of Blushie, doubled charge duration and now inflicts Daybroken.
- Nerfed Wand of Sparking's damage from 13 to 10.
- Buffed Wulfrum Staff's use time from 24 to 20.
- Nerfed Endogenesis' damage from 7000 to 6500.
- Nerfed Entropy's Vigil's damage from 32 to 27.
- Nerfed Sand Sharknado Staff's damage from 35 to 30.
- Nerfed Ghoulish Gouger's damage from 160 to 110.
- Jaws of Oblivion now uses local immunity frames. Nerfed damage from 465 to 195.
- Leviathan Teeth now uses local immunity frames. Nerfed damage from 94 to 50.
Multi-class and Classless
- Buffed Illustrious Knives' damage from 1600 to 2000.
- Buffed Crystyl Crusher's damage from 500 to 2000, hit cooldown decreased. The end of the beam now follows the mouse cursor, and the right click now functions as a regular pickaxe.
- Buffed Pearlwood Hammer's damage from 9 to 36, and hammer power from 45% to 80%.
- Cosmic Immaterializer now uses Corvid Harbinger Staff instead of Sirius.
- Cosmic Rainbow now requires the Pearlwood Bow to craft.
- Conclave Crossfire now uses Vortex Fragments instead of Cores of Chaos.
- Elemental Axe now requires the Haunted Scroll to craft.
- SDFMG now uses the Fetid Emesis instead of Shrimpy Truffle.
- Statis' Void Sash no longer uses Statis' Curse.
- Super Dummy can now be crafted at a Pre-Hardmode Anvil.
- Target Dummy can now be crafted with the Super Dummy.
- Totality Breakers now requires the Spent Fuel Container to craft.
- Abyssal Crates now grant Acidwood, Sulphurous Sand, and Sulphurous Sandstone. They also contain Sulphuric Scales and Corroded Fossils after defeating their respective Acid Rain tiers.
- The Corruption, The Crimson, The Ocean, and The Underworld lore items now prevent Hive Cysts, Perforator Cysts, ???, and Voodoo Demons from spawning respectively.
- Reduced particles from The Dance of Light and Fabstaff.
- Removed extraneous dust-only projectiles from Magnomaly Cannon and The Microwave.
- Odd Mushroom now duplicates all dust present.
- Purification Powder now purifies the Astral Infection.
- Scoria Bars can now be placed.
- Irradiated is no longer infinitely inflicted during Rain in the Sulphurous Sea.
- Decreased the dismounting cooldown from 1 second to 0.17.
- Changed the sell price on several items.
- Modified tooltips for Baguette, Defiled Rune, MOAB, and Raider's Talisman.
- Added a configuration option to remove the invisibility effect from gaining Stealth.
- Moved 'Other' configuration section to the top and renamed it to 'General'.
Armor and Accessories
- Resprited The Absorber, Aquatic Emblem, Cryo Stone, Dynamo Stem Cells, Frost Flare, Gladiator's Locket, Grand Gelatin, Hadal Mantle, Life Jelly, Mana Jelly, Soul of Cryogen, The Sponge, Statis' Blessing, Statis' Curse, Statis' Void Sash, Vital Jelly.
- Resprited Fearmonger Greathelm, Fearmonger Greaves, Fearmonger Plate Mail, Hydrothermic Armor, Hydrothermic Headgear, Hydrothermic Helm, Hydrothermic Helmet, Hydrothermic Hood, Hydrothermic Mask, and Hydrothermic Subligar.
Buffs and Debuffs
- Resprited Brittle Star, Electric Troublemaker, Gladiator Swords, Hydrothermic Vent, and Shellfish buffs.
- Resprited Marked, Plague, and Shellfish Claps debuffs.
- Resprited Armored Digger, Bumblebirb, Bumblebirb (clone), Cryogen, The Hive Mind, and The Plaguebringer Goliath.
- Resprited Chaotic Puffer and Stormlion.
- Resprited Aquatic Discharge, Arch Amaryllis, Avalanche, Barinade, Bittercold Staff, Blade of Enmity, Clamor Rifle, Continental Greatbow, Effluvium Bow, Eutrophic Scimitar, Eutrophic Shank, Fault Line, Flameburst Shortsword, Forbidden Sun, Gilded Proboscis, Glacial Crusher, Gleaming Magnolia, Golden Eagle, Hellfire Flamberge, Hellwing Staff, Helstorm, Ice Star, Icebreaker, Mana Rose, P90, Poseidon, Red Sun, Rouge Slash, Scourge of the Desert, Seabound Staff, Serpentine, Shellfish Staff, Snowstorm Staff, Storm Spray, Subduction Slicer, Vulcanite Lance, and Wrath of the Ancients.
- Resprited projectiles from the Absolute Zero, Bumblebirb, Dynamo Stem Cells, Forbidden Sun, Gladiator's Locket, Hellfire Flamberge, Rouge Slash, Seabound Staff, Serpentine, and Shellfish Staff.
- Resprited Darksun Fragment, Effulgent Feather, Frigid Bar, Life Alloy, Scoria Bar, and Scoria Ore.
- Resprited Birb Pheromones, Cryo Key, and Super Dummy.
- Resprited Red Lightning Container.
- Resprited Cryogen (Lore).
- Resprited Bumblebirb Trophy and Cryogen Trophy.
- Resprited Rift Reeler, Seismic Hampick, and Tectonic Truncator.
- Resprited Treasure Bag (Bumblebirb) and Treasure Bag (Cryogen).
- Resprited Cryogen Mask.
- Fixed a bug that caused Yharon to enrage at all times in Multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug where Abyssal Crates could not be caught.
- Fixed a bug where Skeletron’s hands didn't move after teleporting in Revengeance Mode.
- Fixed a bug where The Plaguebringer Goliath and Queen Bee did not perform the charge attack.
- Fixed a tooltip error where rogue armor sets described an outdated function of stealth regeneration.
- Fixed a tooltip misspelling in flasks.
- Fixed a visual bug where Gleaming Dagger's projectile was rotated in the wrong direction.
- Fixed an incompatibility bug where Devourer of Gods Mask does not appear in the Boss Checklist mod's Boss Log.
- Fixed an oversight where Truffle Worms were still sold despite disabling the "SellBossSummons" configuration option.