The Adrenaline Meter is a mechanic added in Revengeance Mode, along with the Rage Meter. In order to fill up the bar, the player must not get hit for a certain amount of time while fighting a boss. Once the meter has filled up completely, the Adrenaline Mode buff can be activated by pressing the Adrenaline Mode key. The Adrenaline Meter has a minimum value of 0 and a maximum value of 10,000.
The meter will build every second at a rate of 333.34 per second and takes 30 seconds in total to charge.
If the player is hit while the Adrenaline Bar is full, the damage of that hit is halved and the bar will reset and need to be charged again. This is separate from normal DR and therefore ignores Calamity's DR scaling system.
When the Adrenaline Mode buff is activated, the player receives a damage boost of +200%. This total damage boost is multiplicative and applied after other damage boosts such as those from Potions or Accessories.
The player can increase the damage of the Adrenaline Mode as well as increase the damage reduction when hit while the meter is full by using these permanent power-up items:
- Electrolyte Gel Pack (dropped by The Slime God), which increases Adrenaline Mode damage by +15% and increases damage reduction by +5%.
- Starlight Fuel Cell (dropped by Astrum Aureus), which increases Adrenaline Mode damage by +15% and increases damage reduction by +5%.
- Ectoheart (dropped by Polterghast), which increases Adrenaline Mode damage by +15% and increases damage reduction by +5%.
Using all three upgrades will cause Adrenaline Mode to increase the player's damage by +245% and cause any damage taken while the meter is full to only deal 35% of its damage.
- Once the Adrenaline Meter reaches full capacity, a unique sound effect plays to indicate it.
- The 50% damage reduction granted to hits while the Adrenaline Bar is full will not protect against attacks that would normally instantly kill the player.
- During the Supreme Calamitas fight, the meter fills up once every 2 seconds, so it will take 45 seconds for the meter to fully charge.
- Toggling the Adrenaline mechanic or the default location of the bar is possible through the Configuration options.
- Players can move the Adrenaline Meter around by clicking and dragging it. This can be disabled in Configuration options.
- The Adrenaline Meter won't build while the Wall of Flesh is alive unless the player is in The Underworld, even if another boss is alive.
- The damage bonus from Adrenaline is cut in half if the player is wielding a True melee weapon.
- Adrenaline and Rage are a reference to Ripper Mode from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. Because of this, Adrenaline and Rage are often collectively referred to as "Rippers" by the community.
- Adrenaline previously had a decay mechanic, where the overall damage boost granted would be less depending on how long Adrenaline was held for while fully charged.
- Adrenaline and Rage used to have boosted damage increases while in Death Mode.
- Adrenaline and Rage are replacements for a previous mechanic called Stress.
|Combat||Damage Reduction • Defense damage • Hit Sounds • Immunity frames • Lifesteal • Minions • Proficiency • Rogue|
|Environment||Biome backgrounds • Events • Music • Status messages|
|Events||Acid Rain • Boss Rush|
|Items||Alternative crafting ingredients • Charge • Consumable • Crafting stations (By Hand) • Drops • Modifiers • Rarity • Recipes • Vanilla item recipes|
|Game||AI • Boss Health Bar • Configuration options • Death Mode • Fishing • Game controls • Lore • Malice Mode • Revengeance Mode • Vanilla changes|
|Player||Adrenaline Meter • Aggro • Buffs and Debuffs • Death Prevention • Defense • Rage Meter|