Armageddon is an item that can be activated and deactivated. When active, it has multiple effects on gameplay:
- While a boss is alive (either from Calamity Mod or vanilla), any damage to the player (such as enemy or projectile contact, fall damage, or Grenades) will result in instant death.
- The player's respawn time is much shorter.
- Bosses will drop an additional 5 Treasure Bags even in Normal Mode.
It can be crafted at an Altar and does not have any ingredients.
While active, the Armageddon icon will be shown on the bottom-right side of the Difficulty Indicator.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The instant death effect while the item is active bypasses revival effects from God Slayer armor, Silva armor and Auric Tesla armor, as well as the Invincible buff from Purified Jam.
- Debuffs such as Holy Inferno will not kill the player instantly. They decrease the health as usual.
- Only bosses from Calamity and Vanilla that drop Treasure Bags normally, are affected by the Armageddon Treasure Bag drop increase.
- This is the only way to obtain treasure bags in Normal Mode.
- This allows the player to obtain Expert Mode exclusive items in Normal Mode.
- If a boss from a different mod is alive, the insta-kill effect still applies, but no extra treasure bags will be dropped.
- Killing the Wall of Flesh with Armageddon enabled will not cause it to drop treasure bags in normal mode, to prevent players from obtaining the Demon Heart.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Whenever the player dies while under the effects of this item, the death message will always be "<PlayerName> failed the challenge at hand.", regardless of the actual cause of death.
- This item uses a similar palette to the Astrageldon Slime, a removed boss. This is because the boss was a reference to the Armageddon Slime from the Exxo Avalon mod, which this item shares its name with.
- In previous versions of the mod, bosses used to drop 10 Treasure Bags or 11 in Expert Mode or higher from killing a boss with Armageddon active.
|Combat||Charge • Damage Reduction • Hit Sounds • Immunity frames • Lifesteal • Minions • Proficiency • Rogue|
|Environment||Events • Music • Status messages|
|Events||Acid Rain • Boss Rush|
|Items||Alternative crafting ingredients • Consumable • Crafting stations (By Hand) • Drops • Modifiers • Rarity • Recipes • Vanilla item recipes|
|Game||AI • Armageddon • Boss Health Bar • Configuration options • Death Mode • Defiled Rune • Fishing • Game controls • Iron Heart • Lore • Revengeance Mode • Vanilla changes|
|Player||Adrenaline Meter • Aggro • Buffs and Debuffs • Death Prevention • Defense • Rage Meter|