|AI Type||Armored Digger AI|
|Max Life||20,000 / 40,000 / 60,000|
|Immune to||All debuffs|
|Banner||Armored Digger Banner|
The Armored Digger is a worm-type mini boss that appears in the Cavern layer after Plantera has been defeated. It behaves similarly to The Destroyer, charging at the direction at the player continuously until turning around to ram again. The worm will also occasionally fire yellow falling scraps which will linger for a bit until disappearing. It drops Demonic Bone Ash and the Draedon's Remote, along with Dubious Plating and Mysterious Circuitry.
When an Armored Digger spawns, the message "Armored Digger has awoken!" will be displayed. The Armored Digger will despawn when the player leaves the underground layer.
(Draedon's Remote will be removed in upcoming calamity mod update.)
- Armored Diggers do not replace Diggers, despite the latter replacing Giant Worms earlier in the game.
- Armored Diggers do not spawn when the player is inside a Dungeon or a Jungle Temple.
- Armored Diggers use a custom spawn rate. As such, it can only be modified by a select few spawn rate changes.
- After spawning, it cannot be spawned again for 60 seconds. This cooldown cannot be affected by any means.
- Its base spawn rate is 0.001% (1 in 100,000) every frame. Its spawn rate can be multiplicatively modified by the following:
- As with most worm-type enemies, weapons or ammo with high piercing are the most effective at killing Armored Diggers.
- One of its previous sprites was intended for The Devourer of Gods, but was repurposed due to it being too small.