The Biome Blade is a craftable Pre-Hardmode broadsword that auto-swings. When swung, it fires a Biome Blade projectile which cannot pierce through tiles nor targets. The color and the debuff inflicted by the projectile on hit varies based on the biome that the player is in. All debuffs inflicted last 1.5 seconds, except Glacial State which lasts only 0.5 seconds.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
Only one biome color and debuff can be applied at a time. The following is a list of biome effects from highest to lowest priority.
|Biome / Event||Color||Enemy Debuff|
|Astral Infection||#FF7F50 ●||Astral Infection|
|Snow / Ice||#80FFFF ●||Glacial State|
|#000080 ●||Crush Depth|
|The Corruption||#8040FF ●||n/a|
|The Crimson||#800000 ●||n/a|
|Desert||#FFFF80 ●||Holy Flames|
|Glowing Mushroom||#00FFFF ●||Temporal Sadness|
|The Underworld||#FF8000 ●||Brimstone Flames|
|The Hallow||#FFFF00 ●||Holy Flames|
|None of the above||#008000 ●||Armor Crunch|
|Any Evil Block||20|
- If the player travels into a different biome after a projectile is fired, the projectile will change into that biome's variant.
- The Ocean, Space, and Underworld biomes are determined by the player's position and depth.
- If the biome does not have a corresponding debuff, then the next matching biome on the list is chosen.
- For example, if the player is in a corrupted desert, the projectile will be purple and inflict Holy Flames debuff. If the corrupt biome belongs to none of the other biomes on the list, then it would inflict the Armor Crunch debuff instead. However, if the player is in a corrupted ocean, the projectile would fully inherit the ocean effects as it is higher on the list.
- Because the Reaver Shark can mine Hellstone, this weapon can be obtained before defeating any bosses.