Blood Orbs are a crafting material dropped by enemies during a Blood Moon. They can be used to create any vanilla or Calamity buff potions as well as upgrade Supreme Healing Potions into Omega Healing Potions, and craft Bloodstone Cores. Wearing Bloodflare armor or Auric Tesla armor increases the chance of enemies dropping Blood Orbs.
- All Potions crafted with Blood Orbs can only be crafted at an Alchemy Table except the Omega Healing Potion and Calamitas' Brew, which require Draedon's Forge and the Imbuing Station respectively.
- Xerocodiles also provide 5-15 Blood Orbs when opened.
- Blood Orbs will not be dropped from enemies spawned by Statues.
- Killing multiple King Slimes can be an extremely efficient way to farm Blood Orbs, especially after defeating the Moon Lord.
- By stacking the effects of Death Mode's mob spawn rate multiplier during a Blood Moon with the Water Candle, Battle Potion, Zerg Potion, and/or Chaos Candle, Blood Orbs can be farmed incredibly quickly; one Blood Moon can yield 500-700 Blood Orbs with the right setup, potentially negating the need to farm the basic herbs required for potion brewing.
- Blood Orbs allow certain potions to be crafted in Pre-Hardmode, despite the fact that they normally require Hardmode materials. These include: