The Burden Breaker is a Hardmode accessory dropped from Dungeon Guardians, or from Skeletron Prime when it is enraged in Revengeance Mode. When equipped, once the player reaches a horizontal speed of 25 mph, it accelerates the player by a factor of 2.5% per frame (roughly 4.4x speed per second), until either a solid block is hit or they achieve a speed of 2557 mph, at which point the player's speed is reset to zero.
- Without any obstacles on their path or when using a flying mount, a player can move a horizontal distance of roughly 2600 feet with this accessory before losing all speed.
- Players may find this accessory useful in larger worlds due to the immense travel speed, which can get the player to the edge of the world within seconds.
- The item's effect is disabled during bossfights.
- If the player unequips the item after getting up to speed, they would still be able to maintain their speed, although no longer gaining acceleration.
- This is the only item with Turquoise rarity that is available before defeating the Moon Lord.
- This accessory looks similar to the Determination Breaker.
- Its description "The good time" is similar to the Determination Breaker's "The bad time."