|AI Type||Ceaseless Void AI|
|Damage||150 / 300 / 330 / 348 (Contact)|
120 / 200 / 232 / 248 (Laser Portal, Dark Energy Ball)
|Max Life||64,400 / 103,040 / 123,648|
|Debuff duration||1 second (Dark Energy Ball)|
|Debuff tooltip||Gravity around you is distorted|
|Immune to||All debuffs|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Dark Plasma (2-3 / 4-6)100%
- 25% / 33.33%
- 25% / 33.33%
- Supreme Healing Potion (5-15)100%
- Treasure Bag(Ceaseless Void)
Upon being summoned, the Ceaseless Void is completely invincible to damage, and 11 Dark Energies are spawned in a 3-armed star formation centered on the boss. The Dark Energies will oscillate back and forth relative to the Ceaseless Void while also rotating around it in a clockwise manner. The Ceaseless Void itself will initially hover directly above the player, but will cycle through 8 different positions around the player over time, moving one position counterclockwise every 8 / 6 / 4 / 3 seconds.
When the total HP of Dark Energies reaches 50%, all Dark Energies despawn as the Ceaseless Void becomes vulnerable, positions itself near the player, and begins sucking in both nearby players and a 4-armed spiral of invincible Dark Energy Balls that converge on it, with the spiral growing in speed and density as the attack goes on. At the start of the attack, it will also summon a Laser Portal that orbits around the player, firing two sets of slow laser beams towards them. If the player attempts to flee from it, the Ceaseless Void will stop the attack and quickly move near the player before resuming.
The Ceaseless Void will go invulnerable and repeat the above two phases at specific health intervals, summoning increasing amounts of Dark Energies in more complex formations each time while increasing the amount of damage that must be dealt to them to progress.
- At 70% HP, summons 14 Dark Energies in a 4-armed star shape, with the phase ending once their total HP reaches 35%.
- At 40% HP, summons 17 Dark Energies in a 5-armed star shape, with the phase ending once their total HP reaches 25%.
- At 10% HP, summons 20 Dark Energies in a 6-armed star shape, with the phase ending once their total HP reaches 20%.
When the last group of Dark Energies is defeated and the Ceaseless Void uses its vacuum attack, it will be invulnerable as its health slowly depletes, forcing players to survive for 15 seconds as its suction force gradually increases in power. After 15 seconds, the boss will implode, leaving its loot behind and despawning all of its projectiles.
In Expert Mode
- Changes position in its invincible phase every 6 seconds.
- Dark Energies follow a curving path, making them harder to avoid.
- Each formation of Dark Energy now has 4/5/6/7 arms and 14/17/20/23 Dark Energies.
- Suction force from the vacuum attack is stronger.
- Below 70% HP, the vacuum attack periodically sucks in two extra Dark Energy Orbs from opposite sides once the Dark Energy spiral is fully formed.
- Changes position in its invincible phase every 4 seconds.
- Dark Energies move faster.
- Suction force from the vacuum attack is even stronger.
- Each formation of Dark Energy now has 5/6/7/8 arms and 17/20/23/26 Dark Energies.
- Two Laser Portals are summoned instead of one.
In Death Mode
- Each formation of Dark Energy now has 6/7/8/9 arms and 20/23/26/29 Dark Energies.
In Malice Mode
- Changes position in its invincible phase every 3 seconds.
- Dark Energy Orb spiral has more projectiles.
- 3 Laser Portals are summoned instead of two.
- All Dark Energies take reduced damage from non-minion piercing projectiles in Expert Mode. Projectile damage is divided by the number of times it pierces. Infinite piercing deals 50% damage.
- All Dark Energies reduce damage from grenade-type projectiles by 80%. A list of affected projectiles is below.
- Dark Energies are harmless but invincible for 2 seconds after spawning.
- For more elaborate strategies on defeating the Ceaseless Void, including weapon and arena recommendations, see Guide:Ceaseless Void strategies.
- Clearing out a large area in the Dungeon prior to the fight will greatly help. When expanding, Dungeon Walls Unsafe may help to ensure that the player is always considered to be within the Dungeon, so that the Ceaseless Void does not enrage.
- Make use of Gravity Normalizer Potion, as it gives immunity to the Distorted debuff. This makes dodging and staying alive considerably easier and makes taking a hit less annoying.
- Single-shot projectiles that deal high damage and slow weapons with high damage are ineffective against the Ceaseless Void, as it will only take one damage per hit. Use fast-firing weapons to maximize your number of hits and thus DPS.
- Bring high damage weapons especially if they have area of effect capabilities, as they can easily clear out the Dark Energies.
- Keep moving in a spiral pattern when the Ceaseless Void is vulnerable or using its last attack, as the converging Dark Energy spiral increases in intensity the longer the attack is ongoing.
- The Elemental Disk can produce many splitting projectiles, allowing it to easily take out the swarms of Dark Energies.
- The Elemental Eruption will take out the Ceaseless Void incredibly quickly, but is not very strong against its minions.
- If Storm Weaver has been defeated, The Storm is very effective both versus the Ceaseless Void and its Dark Energies.
- The Starfleet can deal massive damage while the Ceaseless Void is vulnerable, sometimes skipping phases or killing it instantly. If aimed well, it can dispatch Dark Energies in a single shot.
- The Telluric Glare is very useful for the Dark Energies and can skip sometimes 1 or 2 phases.
- The Nuclear Fury does excellent damage to clumped together Dark Energies and does decent damage to the Ceaseless Void itself.
- The Blissful Bombardier is a good choice against the Dark Energies for its homing and area damage. Its decent fire rate can also deal with the Ceaseless Void itself pretty easily.
- The Ark of the Elements is still a good choice, as it homes in on the Dark Energy and the Ceaseless Void.
- The Divine Retribution's storm of spears will deal extreme damage to the Ceaseless Void when it is vulnerable.
- Single-target minions struggle against the Ceaseless Void due to its many minions. Use summons with an area of effect damage such as the Stardust Dragon Staff or Elemental Axes instead. The Profaned Soul Artifact is also recommended.
- The Molten Amputator's explosions and lava globs can deal with grouped Dark Energies very rapidly.
- If the player is having a very hard time making space in the Dungeon, they could lure the Ceaseless Void out of the Dungeon if they can handle it being enraged. This trades a lack of space for a large increase in speed for the Ceaseless Void.
- While the Ceaseless Void can be fought before any other post-Moon Lord boss, it is not recommended to fight until Providence is defeated, the many projectiles and Dark Energies make this fight very challenging.
- The Ceaseless Void's theme is a segment from Servants of the Scourge, which was composed by the artist DM DOKURO.
- This theme contains a motif from The Devourer of Gods' theme.
- If the Calamity Music add-on mod is disabled, Boss 3 will play instead.
- The Ceaseless Void, along with the Storm Weaver and Signus, can be summoned right after the Moon Lord is defeated, as their summoning item only requires Solar Fragments, Luminite Bars, and Unholy Essences.
- Prior to the 1.5.0.001 update, The Ceaseless Void originally had the lowest health out of all bosses, but this weakness was nullified with having the highest DR.
- If the Boss Checklist Mod is installed, its unique despawn message will be "The rift in time and space has moved away from your reach."
The Devourer of Gods' ability to cross dimensions was not mastered instantly. Magic of such incredible scale demands incredibly precise use and knowledge to avoid disaster - and attempts to experiment with it will inevitably result in at least a few accidents. During an attempt to breach the barrier between worlds, one such mishap occurred: a deadly rift formed, in which the concept of reality itself faltered.
It required the power of both the Devourer and Calamitas to seal the void, stabilizing it with a localized dimensional reinforcement field and further encasing it in a shell of cosmic steel - but a strange phenomenon occurred as the rift was contained. The matter and the lives it consumed were regurgitated as shapeless masses of dark energy, draining the life out of every living being around it. Despite being a highly valuable research specimen, it was ultimately deemed impossible to control after extensive testing and condemned to waste away in the abandoned Dungeon.
The Ceaseless Void is only technically a Sentinel. It is under the same magical contract as the others, but it has no mind - only a will to consume the life force of others. According to Calamitas’ research, one of two events will occur if its casing is ever compromised: either reality will force the void to collapse and annihilate itself, or it will spill out and spread without end - reducing the entire universe to waste scattered in the abyss between dimensions.