|AI Type||Cnidrion AI|
|Damage||20 / 40 / 50 / 56 (Contact)|
22-34 / 32-52 (Water blasts)
|Max Life||400 / 800|
|KB Resist||95% / 95.5%|
|Debuff duration||4 seconds (Water blasts)|
|Debuff tooltip||You are dripping water|
Cnidrion is a rare Pre-Hardmode enemy that can spawn in the Underground Desert. It will attempt to follow the player while firing a burst of four water blasts every ten seconds. Its firing rate doubles while below 33% / 60% health, and triples while below 10% health. The water blast damage will also change as its health drops; it normally does 22-24 / 32-36 damage, increasing to 32-52 while below 60% health in Death Mode, and increasing damage once again below 25% health to 28-34 / 44-52.
- Cnidrion is one of the few enemies that can be detected by the Lifeform Analyzer.
- It can be a dangerous enemy for Pre-Hardmode players exploring the Desert.
- In Death Mode they move far quicker and can fire water blasts while moving.
- Cnidrion can swim through blocks in order to reach the player.
- Because of this, Cnidrion can easily surprise starting players by dropping through the ceiling or rising through the floor onto them.
- It is exceptionally useful for those trying to obtain Victide Bars, as it drops all of the necessary components.
- The name Cnidrion is derived from "Cnidaria", a term used for individuals of the cnidaria phylum, which contains organisms such as anemones, corals, and jellyfish.
- Despite this, Cnidrion's design takes after seahorses, who are instead members of the extremely distantly related chordate phylum.
- Cnidrion's theme music was featured at the beginning of the official music video of UNIVERSAL COLLAPSE, theme of the Devourer of Gods' second form as a joke.
- Cnidrions were originally considered a mini boss, but were demoted due to their maximum health not reaching the threshold required for the Boss Health Bar to appear.