Critter Cages are placeable decorative furniture items that display animated critters. A critter caught with the Bug Net or Golden Bug Net is combined with a Terrarium to craft a cage. All Critter Cages cannot be opened, broken, or crafted back into their ingredients, so once a critter is crafted into a cage, that particular critter can no longer be released.
Each Critter Cage type has its own dimensions and requirements to be placed:
- Cages are 3 tiles wide and 2 tiles high.
- Jars are 2 tiles wide and 2 tiles high.
- Bottles are 1 tile wide and 2 tiles high and can only be placed below other blocks.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Both the Baby Ghost Bell Jar and the Twinkler in a Bottle emit light when placed and count as a housing light source.
- Bloodworms are the only critter in the Calamity Mod that do not have a Critter Cage, this is because Bloodworms mimic Truffle Worms which will not have a Critter Cage until Terraria 1.4: Journey's End.
- Unlike other cages, the Piggy Cage has a dedicated rarity.