This item is dedicated to: Vorbis
Dark Spark is a craftable post-Moon Lord magic weapon and upgrade to the Last Prism. It initially fires a single black beam of light that splits into six different beams as it charges. Over time, these beams will change to white and, eventually, various colors.
Dark Spark projects a single thick beam that deals individual damage, splitting and spinning at a fast rate out of the tip of the weapon. Over time, this spin effect slows down. The process for charging Dark Spark to max takes approximately 17 seconds, each beam continuing to deal the weapon's full listed damage. The fully diverged beam deals 3.5 times the listed damage, for an output of 350 damage per hit. Each beam can hit 6 times per second individually (every 10 game ticks), which is a maximum of 36 possible hits per second (approximately every 1.7 game ticks). The mana cost will increase massively as the beam diverges.
Due to the weapon's above average mana cost (10 mana 6 times per second when fully charged = 60 mana per second), players will struggle to maintain the beam for more than 8-9 seconds during the progression tier that it is first obtainable. A Mana Flower, Celestial Cuffs, Sigil of Calamitas, Nebula armor, and a large supply of Super Mana Potions or Supreme Mana Potions may be required for continuous use.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The weapon itself also deals contact damage to enemies. This trait is shared with the Flak Kraken, Gatling Laser, Hellborn, Helstorm, Marnite Bayonet, Nano Purge, and T1000.
- Dark Spark's beams disappear after 1 minute of continuous use, similarly to Last Prism.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The visual effects of this weapon are opposite to the Last Prism.
- However, the sound effects upon initial use and continued use are the same as the Last Prism.
- The tooltip is a quote from the song "Eclipse" from the Pink Floyd album, The Dark Side of the Moon.
- The cover art for The Dark Side of the Moon features a black prism with a rainbow diverging from it, which was likely the inspiration for Dark Spark's function.
- The name of the weapon, "Dark Spark", is a reference to a spell-card used by the character Marisa Kirisame from the Touhou Project series.
- Similarly to this weapon, the attack is a single large, dark laser.