|Knockback||3 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||24 Fast|
|Tooltip||You could’ve sworn that they turned even scarier when you looked at their reflections in a mirror|
Summons a brimseeker to keep you company
Firing another brimseeker when all minion slots are filled summons a brimstone aura
The aura empowers your brimseeker summons and produces damaging fireballs
Only one aura can persist at a time
|Buff tooltip||Does it want something from you?|
|Inflicts Debuff||Brimstone Flames|
|Debuff duration||4 seconds (Fireballs)|
|Debuff tooltip||Rapid health loss|
|Brimstone Elemental||1||25% / 33.33%|
The Dormant Brimseeker is a Hardmode summon weapon that has a 25% chance (33.33% in Expert Mode) to drop from the Brimstone Elemental. When used, it summons a Brimseeker that charges towards enemies in a straight line, dealing damage and inflicting the Brimstone Flames debuff to hit enemies.
When used while all minion slots are exhausted, it instead launches a Dormant Brimseeker towards the cursor that emits a large aura of brimstone after stopping. This aura emits swirling brimstone fireballs that deal damage and inflict the Brimstone Flames debuff to hit enemies, and Brimseekers that enter the aura become more powerful until the Dormant Brimseeker expires. Only one Dormant Brimseeker can be active at any time.
Its best modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stat bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, minions cannot deal critical hits. The only lasting advantage a Mythical Dormant Brimseeker has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
- Aquatic Scourge takes only 50% damage from Brimseekers.
- Brimseekers are able to target and attack enemies through solid blocks.
- Rather than spawning immediately, (Dormant) Brimseekers are thrown out and gradually slow to a stop before completely spawning. If this thrown Brimseeker hits an enemy or solid block before coming to a stop, it will instead deal damage equal to the damage of the weapon and not spawn a Brimseeker.
- The Dormant Brimseeker aura lasts for 13.67 seconds and has a diameter of 50 tiles, and Dormant Brimseekers cannot be thrown while one is active.
- This item is a reference to the indie game Celeste. The item's appearance, minion's name, and minion's appearance are based on Seekers from the game, and the item's tooltip refers to the game's Mirror Temple.
- While idle, Brimseekers fly around the player in an infinity symbol.
- Brimseekers that are currently attacking or buffed by a Dormant Brimseeker will have their eye replaced by a mouth, much like other eyes in Terraria.