|AI Type||Earth Elemental AI|
|Damage||50 / 100 / 114 / 124 (Contact)|
60 / 120 (Rock blasts)
|Max Life||3,800 / 7,600|
|Inflicts debuff||Armor Crunch|
|Debuff duration||2 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Your armor is shredded|
|Banner||Earth Elemental Banner|
The Earth Elemental is a rare Hardmode mini boss found in the Underground and Cavern layers. Its method of attack is to fly toward the player and charge every 10 / 5 seconds, while firing blasts of small rocks, which burst upon impact with blocks. Occasionally, a larger rock is fired which bounces off blocks twice before exploding.
Due to its intimidating size, ability to phase through blocks, and immunity to all forms of knockback, it can be a dangerous encounter for unaware players.
- The player should take great caution while mining in very early Hardmode, as they might spawn and catch the player unaware. Carrying a Lifeform Analyzer, or any of its upgrades, in their inventory can help warn the player in advance.
- Due to the high power of the weapons it drops relative to other early Hardmode weapons, it can be recommended to seek them out, especially for ranged and melee players.
- The ranged attacks made by the Earth Elemental cannot pass through solid blocks (though the blast radius can), allowing the player to take cover from attacks if necessary.
- The Earth Elemental resembles a gladiator. Furthermore, the arm resembles a weapon called the scissor, consisting of a tube which covered the forearm and a semicircular blade on the end.
- However, the spriter has confirmed that they "have no idea what that end was supposed to be", and that "it just looked cool".
- The Earth Elemental is referred to in the mod's files as "Horse".
- This is due to the fact that the Earth Elemental was formerly a horse-like creature.