|Type||Weapon – Crafting material|
|Knockback||1 (Extremely Weak)|
|Use time||36 Very Slow|
Fires a string of bouncing sound waves that become stronger as they travel
|Inflicts Debuff||Crush Depth|
|Debuff duration||4 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Aquatic pressure|
The Eidolic Wail is a post-Moon Lord magic gun that drops from Eidolon Wyrms after Polterghast has been defeated, as well as from the Adult Eidolon Wyrm. It fires a burst of three sound waves that can pierce infinitely and ricochet off of walls in quick succession. The wave initially deals 2% damage with a smaller size and grows to full size and damage after 0.83 seconds.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
- The sound waves are fired 17 ticks apart, with a 30 tick delay between each group of three sound waves.
- The Eidolic Wail uses very little mana and can deal extreme damage, making it a reliable weapon for any mage player once acquired.
- Because the sound waves gain more damage as they grow, this weapon does significantly increased DPS at a distance.
- This weapon is near useless versus individual targets because its projectiles are so slow. However, its ability to ignore NPC immunity frames and pierce infinitely makes it incredibly powerful for dealing with crowds of enemies.
- Earrape is a term for music or sounds that have been heavily distorted or bass boosted for comedic purposes.