This item is dedicated to: IbanPlay
The Flamsteed Ring is a craftable post-Moon Lord developer summon weapon. When used, the player is turned into a giant controllable robot. While mounted, most of their weapons are transformed into attacks. The attack type is determined by the top button on the interface, which is summoned by right-clicking while the item is held; the crescent symbol spawns a massive slash from the bot towards the cursor which rapidly hits all targets within the area for 26000 damage, and the cross-hair symbol fires a set of three lasers which deal 21000 damage and pierce infinite enemies. The player can transform into a player-sized version of the bot by clicking the left bracket, which can be transformed back to the large version by clicking the right bracket. While in the small transformation, certain tools such as Grappling Hooks are enabled, the slash's damage is lowered to 9487, and the amount of lasers per fire is reduced to one. Clicking the bottom-right button turns the player into a lightning jet which is controlled by the cursor and transforms the player back into a robot upon tile collision.
Left-clicking while the Flamsteed Ring is held will dismount the player. If the user dismounts while a boss is alive, they gain the Andromeda Cripple debuff , crippling their movement and disabling the use of the item in the duration of the debuff.
Its best modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stat bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, minions cannot deal critical hits. The only lasting advantage a Mythical Flamsteed Ring has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
|Cosmic Viper Engine||1|
- The phrase in the tooltip "Now, make them pay." is written in light blue (#87ceeb ●).
- Summon and Classless weapons are exempt from transforming into unique mech attacks. However, unlike the Profaned Soul Crystal, mining tools such as pickaxes will still be affected.
- While the player is in the large transformation, their own minimap icon disappears.
- While the player is in the small transformation, their buff icon is changed to and the description is modified to "You're controlling a small piece of history"
- The damage type and critical strike chance of the attacks are determined by the weapons held.
- Due to the mount's inability to consume rogue stealth and how the damage calculation works, equipping the Eclipse Mirror with a full-damage build will result in the highest damage output out of any loadout.
- This weapon actually has a unique rarity, but is referred to here as Hot Pink for consistency between weapons.
- This unique rarity alternates between blue (#59e5ff ●) and white (#ffffff ●) colors.
- The mount's name and the buff's tooltip are references to a scrapped boss for the mod, which was also known as Andromeda.
- The item contains several references to the web series Homestuck.
- The line in the item's tooltip, "Now, make them pay", is a reference to the page, "Make her pay".
- Regicide and the ring's design are references to a sword of a similar name and a ring owned by the character Jack Noir.
- The Flamsteed in the item's name is a reference to Flamsteed designations, the naming system for stars.
- The recipe's usage of multiple Excelsus is a reference to MG Excelsus from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, with both the boss and the transformation being giant robots.
- In the mod's source files, the transformation is referred to as 'GiantIbanRobotOfDoom'.