Calamity Mod Wiki
Frost Flare
  • Frost Flare.gif
Stack digit 1.png
TypeAccessoryCrafting material
TooltipAll melee attacks and projectiles inflict frostburn
Immunity to frostburn, chilled, and frozen
Being above 75% life grants 10% increased damage
Being below 25% life grants 20 defense and 15% increased max movement speed and acceleration
Grants resistance against cold attacks
Inflicts DebuffFrostburnFrostburn
100% chance

Debuff duration2, 4, or 6 seconds (Melee attacks)
Debuff tooltipIt's either really hot or really cold. Either way it REALLY hurts
RarityRarity Level: 5
Sell 4 Gold Coin.png 80 Silver Coin.png
Dropped by
Not to be confused with Frosty Flare, a rogue weapon sold by the Archmage.

The Frost Flare is a Hardmode accessory dropped by Cryogen.

When equipped, all of the player's melee attacks and melee projectiles inflict the Frostburn debuff to enemies. It also grants immunity to Frostburn, Chilled, and Frozen, as well as reducing damage from "cold attacks". Additionally, it provides a minor boost to offensive stats at high health and significant boosts to defense and mobility at low health.

Like the Warmth Potion, this accessory reduces damage from all enemies and projectiles that can inflict the Chilled debuff by 30%. This is calculated separately from and is applied before defense and damage reduction calculations. This makes the Frost Flare extremely effective for farming Cryogen after the first kill and has significant benefits for the Frost Moon event.


  • There is a 25% chance for Frostburn to be inflicted for 6 seconds, a 37.5% chance to be inflicted for 4 seconds, and a 37.5% chance to be inflicted for 2 seconds.
  • The cold resistance granted by this accessory does not stack with the Warmth or the Molten buffs.