This item is dedicated to: Leviathan
|Knockback||9 (Very Strong)|
|Use time||11 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Hand it over, that thing. Your dark soul.|
First swing fires homing skulls
Second swing fires a giant, powerful skull
Third swing deals massive damage
Constantly generates rage when in use
Swings leave behind exploding blood trails when below 50% health
Right click to swipe the sword, reflecting projectiles at a 50% chance
Activating Rage Mode releases an enormous barrage of skulls
Gael's Greatsword is a post-Moon Lord broadsword that drops from Scryllars once Jungle Dragon, Yharon's second phase has been defeated. While using the primary (left-click) swing, it cycles through the following functions:
- A true melee swing with no special effects
- Fires two small homing Blood Skulls that move swiftly and attack an enemy twice.
- Fires a single enormous Blood Skull that moves slowly and hits an enemy three times.
While holding the weapon, the player gains 10% Damage Reduction. When the player's life is below 50%, 2 blood droplets rain down near the player. Occasionally, additional droplets will rain toward the cursor's direction. In addition to this, three to five lightning bolts will rain down beside or below the player.
The alternate (right-click) swing will cause the sword to deploy 66% slower and gives a 50% chance to reflect all projectiles that the sword comes in contact with.
In Revengeance Mode, Rage builds up quickly as you hold the weapon. Pressing the Rage Mode key releases 20 small Blood Skulls in a circle-like manner and reduces the player's Rage to 0. The skulls' damage is proportional to the amount of Rage the player had upon activation and is affected by melee damage bonuses. This attack has a 10 second cooldown. If the player stops holding Gael's Greatsword, their Rage is set to 0 and the mechanic returns to its normal functionality.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This weapon only benefits from 25% of melee swing speed bonuses.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This weapon actually has a unique Rarity but is referred here as Violet rarity for consistency between weapons.
- This unique rarity appears as a dark red (#920000 ●) color.
- The item's name, tooltip quote and function are a reference to the character Slave Knight Gael from Dark Souls III.
- If the player has the "Blood and Gore" Setting turned off, it's projectiles will look like clouds instead of blood.
- The skulls fired by this weapon are named "Ark of the Cosmos' Superior Cousin" in reference to the Ark of the Cosmos' homing projectiles.