|This is a Guide page.|
This means the page will walk you through a specific task, strategy, or enemy/boss fight.
This guide was last updated for version 1.4.5.007.
The Slime God is one of the more difficult challenges that new players will face in the Calamity Mod, tasking them with defeating 3 boss entities at once, all of which inflict various debuffs and have an erratic and generally more complex behavior than previously encountered bosses. The Slime God is summoned by using an Overloaded Sludge in any biome and at any time.
This guide will mention items exclusive to Expert Mode and above with no special formatting and will follow the intended progression.
An arena that allows for great vertical and horizontal mobility is a must for this fight, considering the high mobility of the bosses themselves.
Three flat layers of platforms about 15-20 blocks from each other will allow the player to make use of the Crimulan and Ebonian Slime Gods' inability to fall through platforms (except when dashing) and create a safe distance, while also providing enough space to maneuver around the 3 enemies. Campfires and Heart Lanterns will increase survivability and should be placed throughout the span of the whole arena.
During the fight, the arena will start to clutter with mines. As such, a length of about 500 blocks is recommended; struggling players can choose to have more layers and lengthier platforms.
The bottom layer of the arena can be built with Ice Blocks, increasing the player's acceleration and top speed, both of which are useful assets in the fight (provided the player is equipped with Frostspark Boots).
An alternative arena setup is a long minecart track that goes up and down, making a full loop.
- Aerospec armor is generally the preferred choice for all classes, with well-rounded stats and increased falling speed.
- Molten armor is an option for melee players who wish to reduce damage taken as much as possible.
- Magic users can also utilize a combination of Wizard Hat, Diamond Robe and Jungle/Meteor pants. This set provides the maximum offensive stats for mage.
- Sulphurous armor is an option for rogues.
- Fossil Breastplate and Leggings can also be used along with the Sulphurous Helmet for its incredible offensive stat boosts, though it lacks survivability and rogue stealth boosts to compromise.
- Skyline Wings are extremely useful to navigate around the boss itself, its mine attacks and the various minions.
- Honeyed Goggles make a good alternative if you prefer constant and somewhat agile flight speed, provided you can run on the ground enough to let the bee catch his breath.
- Frostspark Boots or their predecessor, Lightning Boots, are basically a necessity to keep up with the bosses' high speed.
- The Counter Scarf or the Shield of Cthulhu allow the player to make sharp turns and are equally useful as the previous accessories and should always be part of the player's arsenal when fighting this boss.
- The Nazar will make the player immune to the Crimulan Slime God's Cursed debuff.
- Worm Scarf will boost the player's damage reduction considerably, Melee players might opt for Bloody Worm Tooth instead.
- If getting hit disrupts your rhythm in the fight, the Obsidian Shield will allow you to more smoothly recover in case of a mistake.
- The Aquatic Heart supplies the player with an ice shield that makes the boss' high damage output less threatening.
- Magic players can make use of the Celestial Cuffs and/or Mana Flower along with Mana Potions to recover their mana during the fight.
- Summoners can boost their minion damage and defensive stats with the Spirit Glyph, and minion slots with Voltaic Jelly.
- Rogue users will find the Raider's Talisman useful to boost their damage output.
All classes should ideally utilize their counterpart of the Abyss' weapons.
- The Ball O' Fugu's decent range, homing, and DPS should make the fight fairly straight-forward for Melee users.
- The Bladecrest Oathsword is an option for more precise hits, with a projectile that can pierce.
- The Night's Edge, Bloody Edge, Old Lord Oathsword and Night's Stabber are all good options for players who want a more short-ranged approach to the fight.
- The Biome Blade remains a powerful and reliable option for this fight.
- The Archerfish's piercing abilities, good rate of fire and damage all prove to be incredibly useful during the fight, allowing the player to hit multiple entities at the same time.
- The Bee's Knees is an excellent option dealing good direct damage to the Slime Gods as well as being able to handle all the smaller slimes. The Bee's Knees should be used with Wooden Arrows.
- The Flurrystorm Cannon is suggested for its high rate of fire and good damage with the Frostburn debuff.
- Galeforce is another bow that can deal with all of the different slimes when paired with Jester's Arrows or Unholy Arrows.
- The Phoenix Blaster is an easy to use gun that deals good damage and is best paired with Superball Bullets.
- The Star Cannon is also a part of a Ranged player's arsenal, similar to the Archerfish albeit with a more expensive ammunition.
- The Black Anurian is generally superior to the other available options for Magic users, with good damage and range.
- The Demon Scythe is a viable option for players who don't want to deal with the Black Anurian's hard to control homing.
- The Plasma Rod is a great support item due to its ability to inflict Ichor.
- Shadowdrop Staff is also an excellent option that deals good damage and has great crowd control.
- The Flare Bolt is a great option to deal with the lesser enemies that spawn due to their high pierce.
- The Clothier's Wrath (RIV) is an excellent weapon to inflict the Shadowflame debuff, as well as having high pierce to deal with the large amount of slimes spawned. However, its rarity may make it difficult to obtain.
- The Hyphae Rod is super effective at dealing with the Slime God Core.
- The Herring Staff's ability to summon large amounts of powerful minions makes it uncontested as the summoner's best option.
- Aestheticus's homing projectiles are useful when fighting the Slime God Core, reducing the length of the fight's final phase.
- The Cinder Blossom Staff and Frost Blossom Staff are useful for when the core is alone, as Herrings will struggle to hit it.
- The Tavernkeep Rods can be used for extra firepower, especially against the smaller Slimes spawned by the bosses.
- The Lionfish is a great option for Rogue users thanks to its non-consumable nature, as well as it being very simple to use.
- The Tracking Disk is an option that can attack multiple enemies at once throughout the entire fight, and can be very forgiving of bad aim. It is also very useful for hitting the Core once it is in its second phase, due to its tracking ability.
- Rot Balls and Tooth Balls have a considerable damage output, high fire rate and pierce enemies.
- The Enchanted Axe is useful for its homing.
- The Mycoroot is useful for its fast fire rate; however, its short range makes it risky to use.
- If using a skybridge, the Kylie is useful for baiting the Slime Gods to run into it while kiting, dealing heavy damage.
- The Marked Magnum is useful for inflicting Marked, which reduces the target's damage reduction by 50%.
- This is even more effective when combined with the Ichor debuff.
- Note that the Marked debuff is exclusive to Revengeance Mode and above, as enemies only have damage reduction in Revengeance Mode and above.
- The Magnum may be used to deal a fair amount of extra damage with its high damage per shot, but it can only be fired three times during the fight.
- Farm Blood Orbs to easily craft many helpful potions that will increase your chance of survival during the fight.
- Every potion available can be crafted with Blood Orbs, so use this to your advantage; many potions craftable with Blood Orbs are not normally accessible before the player fights the Slime God.
- The Well Fed buff provides a useful all around stat boost.
- Hadal Stew provides the Well Fed buff as well as 120 hp heals with a cooldown of only 50 seconds.
The Slime God will spawn off-screen, you should attempt to prevent the Slime Gods from dashing by getting close to the boss as soon as it spawns, extra care should be taken if your arena is situated in the sky.
You should stand in the upper part of your arena to get the bosses stuck onto the platforms as soon as possible, allowing you to have enough time to react to their attacks when standing on a lower platform.
You should stay grounded as much as possible and only move sideways, this will make the core's behavior predictable. When it approaches just jump over it, preferably with a dash. Slowly kite all three bosses along your platform to avoid the needless clutter of the lingering mines, but be careful not to get too far away from the Slime Gods or they will dash, possibly causing you to get hit multiple times, especially if you are afflicted with the Distorted debuff.
Players, especially those in Death Mode, should focus on dispatching the Crimulan Slime God first, as its Cursed debuff can really catch you off-guard. The Core should be killed last because it gives the remaining Slime Gods major buffs. If you are having trouble avoiding the Core with a homing weapon such as the Ball O' Fugu, the Black Anurian or minions, killing the Core as second is completely viable. However, if the Core is causing you most of the deaths you have while fighting The Slime God, killing it first is an option as long as you have plenty of mobility accessories. If this is attempted, you should still give some of your attention to the other Slime Gods before you kill the Core, so they are damaged enough that you can take them out without too much trouble. You should also spend more work on your arena to make sure you don't run out of space while dodging the Slimes. If killing the other Slime Gods before the Core, you should make sure the Core is at least half damaged so its projectiles don't overwhelm you.
The minions spawned by the Slimes when damaged should be taken care of as soon as possible in all modes, whether it be by dispatching them or by simply running away.
- Disabling backgrounds can help players who have trouble focusing on all the different things that are going on during the fight.
- Hooking yourself to a block can negate the floating of the Distorted debuff.