|AI Type||Eidolon Wyrm (Juvenile) AI|
170 / 340 / 374 / 394 (hostile)
160 / 240 / 300 / 345
160 / 240 / 300 / 345
|Max Life||160,000 / 320,000|
|Banner||Eidolon Wyrm Juvenile Banner|
The Juvenile Eidolon Wyrm is a mini boss that spawns in the 3rd and 4th layers of the Abyss. It is initially passive and will not attempt to hurt the player. However, if the player deals damage to it, it will become hostile and attack the player with contact damage or magic projectiles.
The Juvenile Eidolon Wyrm spawns in the third and fourth layers of the Abyss at any point in the game. Its roar will alert the player that it is nearby and is hunting them. Once hostile, it will chase the player on sight until they leave the biome, though its size makes it difficult to maneuver around. It will summon balls of ice which fire ice shards in every direction, and summon orbs that unleash streaks of lightning at the player. It also possesses telekinetic abilities which allow it to throw the player in any random direction, accompanied by a loud sound and a burst of blue sparks. Eidolon Wyrms inflict the following debuffs in Revengeance Mode:
- Crush Depth for 5 seconds (Head)
- Electrified for 2 seconds (Lightning)
- Frozen for 1 second (Ice Ball/Shards)
- Chilled for 2 seconds (Ice Ball/Shards)
- Frostburn for 4 seconds (Ice Ball/Shards)
- The body segments of Eidolon Wyrms are intangible, dealing no damage to the player and having complete immunity to attacks. Only their heads are capable of dealing or receiving damage.
- Being affected by Chaos State causes any living Juvenile Eidolon Wyrms, to instantly discover the player and begin attacking.
- The Juvenile Eidolon Wyrm can be detected with the Lifeform Analyzer.
- It can home in on players, even when not hostile. However, they don't deal contact damage when passive.
- An eidolon in Greek Literature is a spirit-like image of a person, either living or dead.
- Their ice and lightning attacks are similar to those performed by the Lunatic Cultist. The juvenile's ability to drop the Lunar Cultist Robe and Hood, as well as "Eidolon" being a term used to describe something idolized (potentially in the fashion of a cult), further establishes a connection between these enemies.
- They may also be related to the Eidolist, as they have similar names and drops, and they both spawn in the Abyss.
- Its design is based on a creature from the aquatic exploration game Subnautica, known as the Ghost Leviathan. The original sprite was also a copy of the Ghost Leviathan's design.
- The different life-stages makes this more evident because there are both juvenile and adult Ghost Leviathans.
- The Adult versions of both creatures share the similar purpose of preventing the player from doing something (Adult Ghost Leviathans protect the crater edge, while the Adult Eidolon Wyrm prevents the player from using the Rod of Discord or other short ranged teleportation items).