The Leonid Progenitor is a Hardmode Legendary rogue weapon that is rarely dropped by Astrum Aureus in Revengeance Mode. When used with its primary fire (left-click), gravity-affected bombshells are thrown which will explode on enemies and tiles, causing a large explosive meteor to rain down which deals half damage. When used with its secondary fire (right-click), six gravity-affected small comets are thrown out which each explodes into a stationary star which deals one-third damage. Stars may deal damage to an enemy only once but will linger around instead of disappear, shrinking after a short amount of time. Secondary attacks are 25% slower than primary attacks. All attacks inflict the Astral Infection debuff.
Performing a stealth strike with the Leonid Progenitor throws a bombshell regardless of attack type, which rains five small comets beneath it in addition to the large comets. The small comets behave identically to the ones fired by secondary attacks.
Its best modifier is Flawless.
- Leonids are prolific meteor showers associated with a comet known as Tempel-Tuttle.
- This weapon, like all other Legendary weapons, actually has a unique Rarity but is referred here as Lime rarity for consistency between items.
- This unique rarity alternates between cyan (#30d0ff ●) and purple (#d07dda ●) colors.
- The projectiles this weapon fires alternate in the same colors as its rarity, like most Legendary Weapons.
- The star projectile from this weapon is identical to the player's mana stars after using the Phantom Heart.
|Aegis Blade • Blossom Flux • Briny Baron • Cold Divinity • Cosmic Discharge • Leonid Progenitor • Malachite • Pristine Fury • Sea's Searing • SHPC • Vesuvius|