|Green Sign (minion)|
Luxor's Gift is a Pre-Hardmode accessory found in the Underground Desert shrine. When equipped, most weapons when fired will release one of five projectiles that change based on the weapon's damage type.
|Melee||Red orbs that ricochet off blocks and dissipate after 5 seconds and deal 25% of normal damage.|
|Ranged||Blue lightning bolts that hit twice but deal 15% of normal damage.|
|Magic||Orange pendants that pierce once and slow down dramatically. They deal 30% of normal damage.|
|Summoner||A green hieroglyph summon which dashes into enemies. Damage dealt is shared with the initial weapon used to summon it.|
|Rogue||Purple scorpions affected by gravity which bounce and deal 20% of normal damage.|
- Most True melee weapons are not affected as well as various vanilla weapons such as the Minishark.
- The projectiles deal less damage when used with weapons with a use time less than 10.
- The damage decreases by 10% for each point of use time below 10, i.e. a use time of 4 would deal 60% less damage.
- All weapons labeled as Throwing are not affected by this accessory.
- The projectiles' fire rate scales with the fire rate of the used weapon.
- Because of this, it is recommended to use this accessory with weapons with high fire rates.
- The projectiles' velocity scales with the velocity of the used weapon.
- Only one green sign can be active at a time.
- Unlike most minions, the green sign does not have an associated buff.
- Yoyos and flails fire projectiles only on the first swing, rather than continuously.
- Novelty weapons such as the Confetti Gun will still trigger their respective symbols, despite not traditionally being considered weapons.
- This accessory is a reference to the video game Luxor, in which the player aims to break chains of colored balls before they reach a certain endpoint. The game is in turn a reference to the Egyptian city of Luxor.
- The item appearing in the Underground Desert is also a reference to the game's ancient Egyptian style and the city it is named after.
- The green summon sign is the egyptian hieroglyph for "Feather" or "E".
- The orange magic pendant bears similarities to the egyptian hieroglyph known as the Ankh, which symbolizes life.