|AI Type||Mauler AI|
|Damage||135 / 270 / 297 / 313 (Contact)|
100 / 180 / 207 (Sulphuric mist bursts)
100 / 200 (Sulphuric ring)
200 / 400 (Death explosion ring)
|Max Life||88,500 / 177,000|
|Debuff duration||7 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Your skin is burning off|
The Mauler is a post-Moon Lord, post-Polterghast mini boss that spawns during Acid Rain during Tier 3. It swims towards the player and alternates between three attacks at random, each telegraphed by a different roar.
- Quickly lunges at the player.
- Fires three spreads of sulphuric bubbles that home in on the player after a delay.
- Charging horizontally and firing a large barrage of sulphuric droplets upwards, which home in on the player after a delay.
If it is out of the water for too long, it will start repeatedly using its charge attack until it lands back in water again.
It can be detected with the Lifeform Analyzer.
- Shark Fins dropped by the Mauler will be brown in color, much like the Shark Fins dropped by Sand Sharks.
- The Mauler used to spawn rarely in the Sulphurous Sea, even in pre-hardmode.