The Molecular Manipulator is a craftable post-Moon Lord ranged weapon. It is the upgrade to the Nullification Pistol, and similarly uses the player's life as ammunition. The Molecular Manipulator uses 5 health for each shot and will kill the player if the manipulator takes them below 0 health. Each shot will alter its target in some way, as long as it is not a boss. The following effects can happen at an equal chance:
- Grow 400% bigger
- Shrink 90% smaller
- Deal 500 more contact damage
- Deal 500 less contact damage
- Become completely resistant to knockback
- Remove all knockback resistance
- Increase defense by 20
- Decrease defense by 20
- Increase velocity upwards
- Increase velocity to the left or right
Its best modifier is Unreal.
|Core of Calamity||3|
- The amount of contact damage increase or decrease will scale with difficulty.
- The amount of velocity increased is 1.875 blocks per second. This effect is additive, and can therefore counteract opposite motion.
- For example, under the effect of increasing vertical velocity, an NPC that moves downwards at a rate of 3 blocks per second will still move downwards, but at a rate of 1.125 blocks per second.
- The Molecular Manipulator will work on the Guide and the Clothier with their respective voodoo dolls equipped.
- If the player is killed by the damage inflicted upon using the weapon, the death message "<PlayerName> was vaporized by the imbuement of his/her life." will display.