|Tooltip||Increases maximum mana by 50 and reduces mana cost by 15%|
Increases life regen as life decreases
Increases life regen when afflicted with Poison, On Fire, or Brimstone Flames
You will survive fatal damage and revive with 30% life on a 3 minute cooldown
You are encased in an ice barrier for 3 seconds when revived
Provides heat and cold protection in Death Mode
|Buff duration||3 seconds|
|Buff tooltip||30 defense and +30% damage reduction, but...|
|Inflicts Debuff||Concoction Cooldown|
|Debuff duration||3 minutes|
|Debuff tooltip||Revive is recharging|
|Buy / Sell||36 / 7 20|
Permafrost's Concoction is a Hardmode accessory that is sold by the Archmage NPC for 36 . It increases the wearer's maximum mana by 50, decreases mana cost by 15%, and grants life regen that increases as the wearer's health lowers, with a significant bonus if the player is afflicted with the Poisoned, On Fire! or Brimstone Flames debuffs. If the player takes fatal damage while this accessory is equipped, they will be revived for 30% of their max health instead of dying. However, they are also inflicted with Encased upon reviving, trapping them in a defensive block of ice for 3 seconds and potentially leaving themselves open to further attacks. The revive effect has a 3-minute cooldown.
- The 30% Damage Reduction gained when Encased is calculated independently from normal DR and is not affected by Calamity's DR scaling system.
- With the accessory equipped, the player's life regeneration is increased as follows:
- +1 if the player is below 50% life
- +1 if the player is below 25% life (total of +2)
- +2 if the player is below 10% life (total of +4)
- +4 if the player is afflicted with any of the three debuffs mentioned above
- The player can use the Normality Relocator or similar items to teleport while encased, reducing Permafrost's Concoction's biggest drawback - being unable to move after reviving.