Calamity Mod Wiki
Advertisement
Learn more about Expert Mode
Fortune and glory, kid.
Expert Mode-Only Content: This information applies only to Expert Mode and Expert Mode worlds.
Plague Hive
  • Plague Hive.png
Stack digit 1.png
Statistics
TypeAccessory
TooltipThe power of your bees and wasps will rival the Moon Lord himself
Summons a damaging plague aura around the player to destroy nearby enemies
Releases bees when damaged
Friendly bees inflict the plague
All of your attacks inflict the plague
Reduces the damage caused to you by the plague
Projectiles spawn plague seekers on enemy hits
Inflicts DebuffPlaguePlague
100% chance

Debuff duration2 seconds (Aura)
2, 4, or 6 seconds (On attack)
6 seconds (Bee/wasp projectiles)
5 seconds (Plague Seekers)
Debuff tooltipRotting from the inside
RarityRarity Level: rainbow
Sell 19 Gold Coin.png
Projectile created
Plaguenade Bee
Plague Seeker

The Plague Hive is a Hardmode accessory exclusive to Expert Mode. Equipping it grants the following benefits:

  • It removes the blindness effect and reduces the damage over time effect by 50% from the Plague debuff .
  • All of the wearer's attacks inflict the Plague debuff.
  • All of the wearer's attacks spawn homing plague seekers upon hitting an enemy.
    • Plague seekers deal 25% damage of the attack that spawned them, capped at 30 damage.
  • When the wearer takes damage, several bees are spawned that will seek out and attack nearby enemies.
  • All bee/wasp projectiles produced by the wearer will have their damage increased by 20-30, and will inflict the Plague debuff.
  • Enemies within an 18.75-tile radius of the player are automatically afflicted with the Plague debuff and take 60 damage every so often.

Crafting[]

Recipe[]

Notes[]

  • The player's attacks have a 25% chance to inflict Plague for 6 seconds, a 37.5% chance to inflict Plague for 4 seconds, and a 37.5% chance to inflict Plague for 2 seconds.
  • The damage over time from the Plague debuff, combined with the aura, is enough to dispatch weaker enemies without any input from the wearer.
  • Wearing the Plague Hive causes the player to turn slightly green and emit a green glow.
Advertisement