|This page describes old mod content that was removed or replaced. The information here does not apply to the current version of the Calamity Mod.|
|Knockback||0 (No Knockback)|
|Use time||11 Very Fast|
Stealth strikes spawn more explosions
|Inflicts Debuff||Astral Infection|
|Debuff duration||2 seconds (Explosion and Astral stars)|
3 seconds (Knives)
|Debuff tooltip||Your flesh is melting off|
The Quasar was a Hardmode non-consumable dagger that dropped from Astrum Deus in Malice Mode. It functioned identically to the Radiant Star with the main difference being that the explosion would pull in enemies. The black hole-like effect did not affect bosses. If an enemy was hit by a Quasar knife that was caught up in the explosion, astral, fallen, and hallowed stars would rain down on them, dealing full damage of the Quasar knife. Unlike the Radiant Star, the split knives of Quasar did not home in on enemies.
Performing a stealth strike with the Quasar would cause the split Quasar knives to emit explosions on contact that rain down astral, holy, and fallen stars as long as an enemy was within the explosion.
Its best modifier is Flawless.
- This item was a reference to the item of the same name from Borderlands 2.
- A quasar is an extremely bright astronomical object which consists of a supermassive black hole constantly sucking in gas from an accretion disk around it, generating massive amounts of energy in the process.
- The tooltip was a reference to a meme where the word "suck" is purposely spelled as "succ".
- The color palette of the weapon was a reference to the astral palette in previous versions of the mod.
- It was formerly the rare variant of the Radiant Star.