|Damage||1300 (melee)/1100 (rogue) Melee/Rogue|
|Use time||20 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Throws a bouncing cosmic scourge that emits tiny homing cosmic scourges on death and tile hits|
- If you were looking for something other than the Scourge of the Cosmos, see Scourge (disambiguation).
The Scourge of the Cosmos is a craftable post-Moon Lord weapon which is a direct upgrade of the Scourge of the Corruptor. It has both a melee and a rogue variant. When used, it launches a fast projectile that is heavily affected by gravity and can bounce off of tiles up to two times before vanishing. On each bounce or when impacting an enemy, the projectile releases mini Devourer heads, which fly and home in on nearby foes. The mini Devourer heads deal 70% of the damage of the main projectile and can bounce once before disappearing.
Its best modifier is Godly for the melee variant and Flawless for the rogue variant.
|Scourge of the Corruptor||1|
|Shard of Antumbra||200|
|Scourge of the Cosmos||1|
- If the Scourge of the Cosmos impacts an enemy directly, every mini Devourer head spawned will often immediately damage that enemy.
- Due to its extremely high base damage and splitting, homing projectiles, this weapon can deal enormous amounts of damage very rapidly if every hit lands directly on a foe. In Revengeance Mode this can be further enhanced with the Rage and Adrenaline meters.
- Despite being themed similarly to Cosmilite weaponry, it is in a later tier than those items due to requiring Darksun Fragments to craft.
- This weapon, the projectile it fires and the mini Devourer heads are all themed after The Devourer of Gods.