The Slick Cane is a Hardmode rogue weapon that is purchased from the Bandit for 25 . Upon use, it waves a short-ranged cane out in front of the player which ignores enemy immunity frames. Each time the cane hits an enemy while being swung, that enemy will drop a small amount of coins proportional to the amount the enemy drops on death.
Performing a stealth strike with the Slick Cane will cause the next cane to have a 1/15 chance to force the enemy hit to drop one to three gold coins.
Its best modifier is Flawless. However, Frenzying may be a better choice for gathering money.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The cane swung will glow in the dark; combined with the light emitted from coins, this can allow the player to temporarily see better.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Attacking enemies which normally drop a large amount of coins, such as Mimics, will yield a massive amount of coins every swing, making it a fast but somewhat risky way to earn money.
- This weapon does not benefit from the effects of the Invisibility Potion or the Shadow Potion.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Slick Cane is a reference to Sly Cooper game series, which is centered around a thief that wields a similar hooked cane. However, the visual design of the Slick Cane was based off of the Walking Cane from Don't Starve.
- This is one of the only Rogue weapons which can be swung like a melee weapon, the other being The Final Dawn.