|The Devourer of Gods||1||25% / 33.33%|
The Staff of the Mechworm is a post-Moon Lord summon weapon dropped by The Devourer of Gods. Upon use, it summons a flying mechanical worm that charges, fires lasers, teleports onto enemies and ignores immunity frames. The mechworm is in constant flight and can travel through walls and blocks. The Staff does not spawn multiple minions upon use, instead increasing the number of segments by one.
Losing minion slots while the mechworm is active will remove any segments that were associated with the minion slots lost.
Its best modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stat bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, minions cannot deal critical hits. The only lasting advantage a Mythical Staff of the Mechworm has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
- The Mechworm has a tendency to attack enemies off screen. This can make farming for specific item drops difficult at times.
- Just like the Stardust Dragon, the Mechworm will wander off occasionally. Keep this in mind, due to the worm being a single minion, it can and will leave you defenseless.
- Although the Mechworm pierces enemies, it does not give enemies immunity frames and will not disrupt attacks.
- Keep a secondary weapon ready, in case the Mechworm begins attacking enemies further away from you.
- The Mechworm is very useful for farming, with high level summons being more than capable of taking on any pre-Devourer boss with the exception of Providence, the Profaned Goddess as it will struggle to keep pace with Providence.
- Due to the Mechworm's "path" when floating around the player, the Mechworm may kill critters or bait you may be attempting to catch.