The Codebreaker is a piece of constructible furniture that consists of six different components scattered throughout progression: Codebreaker Base, Decryption Computer, Long Ranged Sensor Array, Advanced Display, Voltage Regulation System, and Auric Quantum Cooling Cell. It is used to decrypt schematics to unlock various items, and also used to initiate the Exo Mechs boss.
Most components of The Codebreaker are required to be unlocked through decryption. If the requirements have not been met, two lines of tooltip are added at the bottom of these items:
You don't have sufficient knowledge to create this yet
A specific schematic must be deciphered first
The requirements are listed as follows:
- Codebreaker Base has no special requirements.
- Decryption Computer requires the Sunken Sea schematic to be found.
- Long Ranged Sensor Array requires the Planetoid schematic to be decrypted.
- Advanced Display requires the Jungle schematic to be decrypted.
- Voltage Regulation System requires the Hell schematic to be decrypted.
- Auric Quantum Cooling Cell requires the Ice schematic to be decrypted. However, it can also be crafted if the world was created before the 1.5.0.001 update.
|Voltage Regulation System||Ancient Manipulator|
|Auric Quantum Cooling Cell||Cosmic Anvil|
|Codebreaker Base||Iron Anvil|
|Advanced Display||Mythril Anvil|
|Long Ranged Sensor Array|
- The Codebreaker cannot be destroyed by explosives.
- Although the codebreaker base is only a 5x3 model, it still requires enough space for the 5x8 fully upgraded code breaker to be placed down.