|AI Type||The Dragonfolly AI|
|Damage||160 / 256 / 288 / 304 (Contact)|
120 / 200 / 220 / 232 (Lightning Feather)
200 / 300 / 332 / 356 (Lightning Aura)
|Max Life||158,500 / 253,600 / 304,000|
|Debuff duration||1 second (Lightning Feather)|
2 seconds (Red Lightning)
|Debuff tooltip||You cannot move|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Effulgent Feather (11-17 / 15-21)100%
- 25% / 33.33%
- 25% / 33.33%
- 25% / 33.33%
- 25% / 33.33%
- Supreme Healing Potion (5-15)100%
- The Dragonfolly (Lore)(Always on first kill)100%
- Not to be confused with Dragonflies, a type of critter.
The Dragonfolly can be spawned by the player using Exotic Pheromones in the Jungle.
The Dragonfolly is a very fast boss, often aligning itself vertically with the player to horizontally sweep across them. It will occasionally slow down and perform other attacks, including summoning projectiles around the player and spawning servants.
If the player moves at least 75 tiles away from the boss or exits the Jungle biome for at least 3 seconds, The Dragonfolly will each gain a level of enrage, gaining increased aggression and feather speed. If both conditions are met, the boss gains 65% more DR and causes two lightning pillars to summon when a Lightning Flare Orb is fired.
- Lines up vertically with the player and performs a long horizontal charge into them. The durations between charges are relatively random.
- Occasionally pauses to summon 24 Red Lightning Feathers in an arc either to the left or right of the player, which converge on their position before slowly homing in on them. When they get close to the player, they will slow down before launching themselves ahead of where they were moving.
- Briefly pauses in place and summons up to two Draconic Swarmers, which are slightly more aggressive than natural.
- The attack will not perform if two Draconic Swarmers are alive, and only one will be summoned if there is one alive.
- Transitions at 50% / 75%life.
- Gains a bright red glow in its eyes and wings.
- Performs shorter charges at the player.
- Summons 20 lightning feathers instead of 24 in the paused attack.
- Will occasionally stop to fire a lightning flare orb that erupts into a pillar-like Red Lightning Aura on contact with the player or a surface. The pillar deals contact damage and summons lightning from the sky as long as the player is in contact with it.
- The Dragonfolly will gain 75% DR when performing the attack.
In Expert Mode
- Significantly increased charge acceleration.
- The Dragonfolly gains a new phase at 10% / 25% / 40% life.
- Its whole body glows bright yellow.
- Loses the ability to spawn Draconic Swarmers.
- Performs even shorter charges.
- Flare orbs cause two pillars to appear on either side of the player regardless of enrage.
- Enters Phase 2 at 75% life and Phase 3 at 25% life.
- Up to three Draconic Swarmers can be alive at once.
In Death Mode
- Enters Phase 3 at 40% life.
- Increased speed and aggression.
|Draconic Swarmer||Phase 1 and 2|
- For more elaborate strategies on defeating The Dragonfolly, including weapon and arena recommendations, see Guide:The Dragonfolly strategies.
- The Dragonfolly is incredibly quick, making high acceleration and max speed a must.
- Focus on the Dragonfolly as much as possible. Defeating the Draconic Swarmers is futile, as more will easily spawn in their place.
- Circling the Swarmers is an effective way to avoid being hit, as they reduce in speed when changing direction. Make sure to dodge the feathers, however, as they can easily swarm the player.
- Although its summoning item can be crafted after Astrum Deus or the Solar Pillar is defeated, it is highly recommended that the player waits to fight this boss until after the Moon Lord is defeated, as its extremely high speed and damage can be entirely overwhelming if unprepared.
- The Dragonfolly's theme is Murderswarm, which was composed by the artist DM DOKURO.
- This theme contains a motif from the Jungle Dragon, Yharon's first phase theme.
- If the Calamity Music add-on mod is disabled, Boss 4 will play instead.
- Unlike other post-Moon Lord bosses, The Dragonfolly can be fought before the Moon Lord is defeated, as its summoning item only requires Life Alloy and Solar Fragments obtained from Astrum Deus or the Solar Pillar.
- In the mod's source files, it is referred to as "Bumblefuck".
- If the Boss Checklist Mod is installed, its unique despawn message will be "The failed experiment returns into its reproductive routine."
The Dragonfolly were born from a blunder of an experiment— one in which Yharim sought to replicate the might of his companion, the Jungle Dragon, for use in combat. The resulting folly are only a fraction of the size of their progenitor and entirely impossible to control. However, it is not the draconic magic within them that makes the folly a dilemma, but rather a side effect of the genetic process which created them. When introduced into a suitable environment such as the jungle, where the warmth and food greatly facilitate their reproductive process, they breed in excess, creating countless hatchlings. These young are known as draconic swarmlings, and fill the available territory, maturing quickly. There is a practical limit however as too many within a single area—such as the jungle—soon find competition, tearing each other to pieces in conflict.