|Use time||50 Extremely Slow|
|Tooltip||Casts an intense energy blast|
Does far more damage the more HP an enemy has left
Max damage is capped at 1,000,000
If an enemy has full HP it will inflict several long-lasting debuffs
The Vehemence is a post-Moon Lord wand dropped by Supreme Calamitas in Revengeance Mode. It fires a calamitous energy spike, which deals more damage depending on how much HP an enemy has left, to a maximum of 1,000,000 damage. Every successful usage of this weapon will inflict Mana Sickness to the player for 10 seconds. Additionally, if the hit enemy is at full HP, it will inflict the following debuffs for 200 seconds (3 minutes and 20 seconds):
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The 1,000,000 damage cap doesn't include Critical hits, allowing this weapon to sometimes deal 2,000,000 damage.
- Due to the damage limitations of The Devourer of Gods and Jungle Dragon, Yharon designed to prevent them from instantly dying, the Vehemence will deal 0 damage to them unless they are at low HP.
- Even though The Devourer of Gods has a damage limitation when in its first form, it doesn't have one in its second form allowing the use of the Vehemence.
- Despite Supreme Calamitas possessing a damage limitation as well, the Vehemence does not deal enough damage to activate it, therefore it can be used against her.
- Due to its very high mana cost, an Ethereal Talisman is needed for this wand to be effectively used.
- This weapon is highly effective during the Boss Rush, as it can one-shot most bosses since they don't have any damage caps.
- Vehemence's base damage formula is as follows: 77 * (currentLife / maxLife)
- Against an enemy with full HP, this formula comes out to 77, or 823,543.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Vehemence means "the display of strong feeling or passion".
- In previous versions of the Calamity Mod, the Vehemence used to drop from the Wall of Flesh in Prepare to Die mode.
- In the mod's source files, the Vehemence is referred to as "Vehemenc".
- When the weapon used to drop from Wall of Flesh, the source name was properly "Vehemence". It was changed to "Vehemenc" when it was moved to drop from Supreme Calamitas, causing previous instances of "Vehemence" items to become invalid and unusable. This was done in order to prevent those who had obtained it before the update to suddenly have an overpowered item early.