This item is dedicated to: Kamei
|Use time||32 Slow|
|Tooltip||When hitting a boss, miniboss or their minions, you gain various boosts and cripple the enemy hit|
A knife from an unknown world
An owner whose heart is pure and free of taint
A heart of iron and valor
|Grants Buff||Kami Injection|
|Buff duration||10 seconds|
|Buff tooltip||Increased movement speed and damage|
|Inflicts Debuff||Kami Flu|
|Debuff duration||10 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Defenseless and dying|
Yanmei's Knife is a craftable Hardmode classless weapon. When swung, a short-ranged green slash appears in front of the player towards the mouse cursor. Striking a boss or its servants causes the user to gain the Kami Injection buff while the target is inflicted with the Kami Flu debuff. Kami Injection grants the player 15% movement speed and damage, while Kami Flu reduces the enemy’s damage reduction by 20% and depletes 125 health per second.
The Yanmei's Knife cannot be reforged, and therefore cannot have modifiers.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
|Any Iron Bar||20|
|Plague Cell Canister||50|
Affected NPCs[edit | edit source]
This is a list of NPCs that are vulnerable to the Kami Flu debuff. Striking these will also grant the player the Kami Injection buff.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The knife's effects only trigger on bosses, mini-bosses, and/or boss servants, making it hard to properly test against dummies.
- When the knife successfully hits a vulnerable NPC, it will play the same sound as activating Adrenaline Mode.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to the weapon's low direct damage and the significant stats of the buff and debuff, Yanmei's Knife should not be used as a primary damage-dealer and instead functions better when used periodically, to refresh the buff and debuff.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The weapon is a reference to Automaid, a work-in-progress comic series being illustrated and written by the dedicatee. The knife is the signature weapon of the main character, Yanmei, with the Kami buff and debuffs playing a key role in the comic.
- The tooltip is part of a poem by Piky, one of the beta testers for the mod, written to describe Yanmei:
A voice, a strike of caring humor
Sparking dear memories
Of sweetened & pure serenity
Memories of the Days of Old
Yet, profoundly reassuring
Her voice calls to the fire
Dancing until the break of dawn
Of her deeds alone, instilling within her friends
A heart of Valor